easy fix for dark dungeons

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: easy fix for dark dungeons

Post by LostKnight »

I would think pets should be as bright as whatever "light" their master is carrying.

After all, they are our responsibility and "hiding them in the dark", destroys our ability to look after them properly.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

We must take care of our beloved pets.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

like normal, this post has drifted completely off topic....having "wall torches" one could light a large area, if you cant see your pets then, well you have bigger problems... many players park campfires all around, but they interfere with walking, mobs, pets, and a few other issues.. simply placing a torch on the wall keeps the area lit and walkways clear. with campfires one could potentially block a hallway(for instance kings garden lower levels) and thus impede other players..

if youre grinding with pets close, whether they omit light is pointless, especially against ranged mobs( most have larger range than you emit) so this "solution" fixes nothing(except when their light goes out,you know then its being attacked).
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OK ... sorry.
I was always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:46 pm there have been alot of "issues"/complaints about dark dungeons. how about adding torch holders along hallways and walls ? you add your torches, but cannot remove them once placed.

this could help in areas where ranged mobs are, where u grind,mine underground. also would allow for watching pets.
So now a person would have to carry ±6-8 torches to light an area? And lets not forget 5 spaces used for a mages scrolls, plus Tools ... do you PVP? So Include fish/knives/axes whatever ...

Not to sure I like this idea - uses up valuable backpack space..
they would still have to burn out/disappear when you leave map. but would also need planning by player. you wouldnt want to light the whole trip youre taking, but would need perhaps 6-8 to light a room inside a dungeon. or only 4 to light a section of hallway.
So far: Mithril Helmet is working quite well. If pets stay within the light.
this would allow for lighting areas without placing campfires that block areas where other players may need to travel.

perhaps make the process for wall torch a craft item(one stump,one iron ore). this allows placement similar to campfires. also would separate torches used for map and torches for dungeons.
And less space in a persons backpack.
I was always AFK!
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

they only take space untul used..im still using my first of 3 torches on lestat(no clue now how long ive used it, besides making it day 1 of darkness) so if u need 6 to light a room, u make 6, carry them to area, place on wall, and grind away.

yes i pvp, but considering ive been carrying 3 torches anyway, it doesnt seem it would be much issue. since im grinding atm, ive had to go where its melee mobs and stay rather close to my pets.(im not using miner helmet as i prefer stats over a headlamp(which takes from what im trying to accomplish)

and if u want to make 2 campfires while you grind(which do burn out after some time) you will still take 6 slots until you reach your destination.not to mention u have to watch that your campfires arent in your manual spawn path,yet close enough you can see pets(and maybe ranged mobs).

miner hat is fine if your just mining, chopping, fishing, or building(stats arent needed) but grinding needs stats(the more,the better) and if you dont wanna use them, you dont have to(its all a matter of choice how you light your path)

im looking at the big picture. we need to see at least 8 blocks(as this is the range of most ranged mobs(wont help alot against fairies or huntress,but they dont have walls to utilize )) even giving pets a light like your character would only give a range of 4(still succeptible to ranged attacks) my guess is tho,pets would only light 2, not 4.

depending upon what actions are being done, the lighting required to adequately perform the task and keeping pets safe varies, there should be different variants of ways to light areas.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The mithril miner helm is not something that is equipped, but you just hold it in your inventory the same as you would a torch. You can have your headlamp as well as your stats. If you are carrying a torch you would be better off ditching that and carrying a miner helm.

That doesn't affect your OP one way or another, which I still agree with. You would need to gather some items and craft these wall torches, so everyone could decide if they want to use the space or not to carry a few.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:30 am they only take space untul used..im still using my first of 3 torches on lestat(no clue now how long ive used it, besides making it day 1 of darkness) so if u need 6 to light a room, u make 6, carry them to area, place on wall, and grind away.

yes i pvp, but considering ive been carrying 3 torches anyway, it doesnt seem it would be much issue. since im grinding atm, ive had to go where its melee mobs and stay rather close to my pets.(im not using miner helmet as i prefer stats over a headlamp(which takes from what im trying to accomplish)
You do not wear the MMHelmet, it sits in your bag like a torch, but gives better light than a torch!
-->> You wear your normal helmet.
and if u want to make 2 campfires while you grind(which do burn out after some time) you will still take 6 slots until you reach your destination.not to mention u have to watch that your campfires arent in your manual spawn path,yet close enough you can see pets(and maybe ranged mobs).
I personally hate campfires, I see too much potential to abuse them by blocking areas. I saw one guy on Map 0.0 completely surrounded by them he could not get our and said, "I will have to log until they are gone."
miner hat is fine if your just mining, chopping, fishing, or building(stats arent needed) but grinding needs stats(the more,the better) and if you dont wanna use them, you dont have to(its all a matter of choice how you light your path)
see above
im looking at the big picture. we need to see at least 8 blocks(as this is the range of most ranged mobs(wont help alot against fairies or huntress,but they dont have walls to utilize )) even giving pets a light like your character would only give a range of 4(still succeptible to ranged attacks) my guess is tho,pets would only light 2, not 4.

depending upon what actions are being done, the lighting required to adequately perform the task and keeping pets safe varies, there should be different variants of ways to light areas.
OT: Making pets with "light" or at least glow in the dark will allow you to at least see them.
Other OT: for "ranged" mobs make their "arrows", "magic casts", etc - glow in the dark since they are outside the light range this gives us a chance to see where the attack is coming from. Think pets in the dark.

OK This part I can agree with - slowly agreeing I guess
I was always AFK!
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

sorry to bring up old topic but i sure have a hard time seeing in some dungeons still. i got magic torch thinking it would help bit thats not the case. this is what i see.
Screenshot_20210318-142306_Forgotten Tales.jpg
Screenshot_20210318-142306_Forgotten Tales.jpg (504.72 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

heres one in hobbs mine

Screenshot_20210318-151816_Forgotten Tales.jpg
Screenshot_20210318-151816_Forgotten Tales.jpg (510.17 KiB) Viewed 1544 times