Official Forgotten Tales Discord Server

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

WARBRINGER

Official Forgotten Tales Discord Server

Post by WARBRINGER »

Has an official Discord server been considered? Moderator and Administrator ppermissions would allow either current GMs or brand new Discord-Only GMs to moderate and design the server with ease, and it would be a great way to integrate a new social aspect to the game. It can also be used as a way to gain brand new members, with people sharing invite links to the server with friends and in other servers. This would allow for a LOT of new game-related activities, such as player or gane-made giveaways and more. I certainly urge compbatant to consider this idea. Your thoughts? Would anyone be interested? :) The possibilities are quite vast
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
_NICKPAN_

Re: Official Forgotten Tales Discord Server

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

WARBRINGER wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 am Has an official Discord server been considered? Moderator and Administrator ppermissions would allow either current GMs or brand new Discord-Only GMs to moderate and design the server with ease, and it would be a great way to integrate a new social aspect to the game. It can also be used as a way to gain brand new members, with people sharing invite links to the server with friends and in other servers. This would allow for a LOT of new game-related activities, such as player or gane-made giveaways and more. I certainly urge compbatant to consider this idea. Your thoughts? Would anyone be interested? :) The possibilities are quite vast
+1

I've suggested FT Official Discord server. And compbatant told me he will review this later :D maybe now is the time?

I've been using discord since release and I'm administrator in the largest server of my country (8k+ members) ,^^
So i can help with the server design + moderation since im using discord every day alot, and im experienced with All Discord features & Bots that will assist on background security and entertainment.

I had created a test-ft unofficial server Went well but since i couldn't advertise is as official. Was inactive ans deleted jt.

It's free to create a Server. And comp can even get a sponsorship/partnership with Discord as a Game Developer!
Boo
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

Won't a discord server encourage players to not use the forums?
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Storms7 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:43 am Won't a discord server encourage players to not use the forums?
No more than Facebook messenger!

I have Discord on my computer and tablets.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:45 am
Storms7 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:43 am Won't a discord server encourage players to not use the forums?

So neither of these encourages players to visit the forums?
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Storms7 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:46 am
LostKnight wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:45 am

So neither of these encourages players to visit the forums?
Ahhh but I can post a link to this specific post or this thread or this forum in a discord message. where users will click on it and come to the forum.

The actual percentile of users that use the forum is probably very low compared to the number that play the game.
I'd bet there are less than 20% of the "gamers" that even read the rules.

I read the rules before even downloading the game and though GEEZE - "may be punished, jails this, jail that ... do I really want to ... so I played offline a short while until I got "talked into" coming to the MMOG game.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I tend to give advice in Messenger groups, but for any business that requires GM intervention, I send players to the forum.
Omnes Autem Uri
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

With the correct setup of the server. You can actually encourage players to USE forum.

Discord is more like

LIVE Chat & VoiceChat

Will be great to have instant and live chat between any topic of the game:

Trades, clans, GMs help etc.

And on forum there will be more information on things and bugs reports.

Yes, we can use Discord as a better and more live forum if we setup it like a forum. But why would it be a problem? Since Discord is very easy accessible on all platforms with no lag/bug and Free to download.
Players will either choose Forum or Discord.
up to them.
Boo
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:02 am I tend to give advice in Messenger groups, but for any business that requires GM intervention, I send players to the forum.
Discord is way better than Messenger groups, for many reasons.
With the most important of them. Is Moderation.

Discord Admins/Mods can see Server's Logs. Noone can do anything undercover. There are also Bots that can moderate chat automatically 24/7.

Other reasons are different channels for different topics, different voice channels for groups of calls and not just 1 for all. Entertainment Bots (like a Music-Only voice channel that will play 24/7 the FT Music Theme :D)

So Discord is WAY BETTER than Messenger (and forum on some things)
Boo
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Looks like Nick has taken lead on this case! ;) Let's see how this develops...
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]