New secure trade system

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Storms7

New secure trade system

Post by Storms7 »

I have an idea for a better, more secure trading system. Many players have reported being scammed because bad players remove the item or gold at the last minute causing the other player to be scammed.

1. When trade window pops up, both players place their offer on the screen.

2. Once both players have placed their offering on the screen, they click a green checkmark to confirm.

3. After the checkmark is clicked, a second screen pops up and asks both players, "Are you sure you wish to proceed with the trade". Both players must click, "Yes" and items cannot be removed from this screen.

4. If a player wants to cancel the trade at this point, they may but they cannot remove the items they have offered from the screen at this point.

5. Once both players click, "Yes", the trade is finalized and there is no chance that anyone can be scammed.

I took this idea from a game that I play where scamming was a huge problem at one time but this trading system fixed it. The items cannot be removed after the first window and the only option at that point is to accept or cancel the trade.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Gullander

Re: New secure trade system

Post by Gullander »

This sounds like a simple and trustworthy fix. Other screens for other options come up for confirmation so this is no new concept. For instance "do you really want to remove this pet"glad that is in place a trade confirmation would be fantastic.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Anything along those lines would be a huge improvement.

Any kind of a scam is bad, but when you are dealing with items sold for billions of gold it can really take a toll on players. Like I'm going to be looking for a skin purchase soon and it will be a significant percentage of my gold stash, so the wariness alone probably cuts out many potential trading partners.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Yes - I fully agree with other comments. This sounds like a good system. It almost goes without saying, but test, test and test some more to make sure it's as secure as it sounds.
Zeldris

Post by Zeldris »

Very good, also i want a "Do you want to trade with this player...?" window and the idea of SellSword about turning off/on trade requests.
Sword: Zeldris Mage: Ludociel Dwarf: Balerion Ogre: Monspeet Archer: Calmadios
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

Yes real money purchase trades make me very nervous as I don't want to get scammed so I am very careful about who I trade with.

I sincerely hope compbatant looks at this and considers it.

The players of FT have suffered because of the current system.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE