GameWatchers

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

WARBRINGER

GameWatchers

Post by WARBRINGER »

Currently, we have the Watchers - Ordinary people who report to GMs regarding rule violations. Given the current lack of GameMasters and the large amount of rule violations, scammers, spammers and the like, I suggest the Watchmen be made official. They should be able to mute players and jail them for brief periods of time, and if a serious offense has occurred have them passed on to the GMs. They should have an official name colour, and abide many of the laws currently in place for GameMasters, though still allowed to partake in clan activities and must be over the age of sixteenble, but not have anywhere near the scale of power that a GameMaster does. I know I would be the first to apply. This is getting out of hand. Opinions? Further ideas? :mrgreen:
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Leone

Re: GameWatchers

Post by Leone »

That would require a rethink of the rules. I'm not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing, but currently the watchmen are anonymous if they choose to be.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1011
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Leone wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:58 pm That would require a rethink of the rules. I'm not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing, but currently the watchmen are anonymous if they choose to be.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1011
My idea is to completely rewrite the watchmen system ;)
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I would venture a guess that powers like muting and jailing would require additional access almost like GMs have. I've seen GMs do those things in game before (disappearing with a player I assume indicated jail) so it would be an interesting idea.

Also, as much as jailed players don't want to admit it, I assume that GMs need to check server log stuff as well before they take action. In mChat not that long ago witch is pointing out how people need to make detailed reports so GMs can look into these things. That would probably be "too much" access, but without it it could make for some questionable situations.

Overall though supporting a small GM team is a nice idea.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

I've been a few years a Watcher. Helping GM Team with my way.

But from my personal experience. FT Watchmen and normal players have no difference.
Both can report, both get rewards, both can contact GM and both are punished the same (watchmen may lose their 'role' as watchmen if they abuse a rule of course)
and overall i see nothing different between these 2 roles. But being a watchmen gives a slightly higher reputation when you are applying for GM i believe.

So i agree that Watchmen need a small change,
not giving them Jail power (temporary mute power maybe yes, like 24hrs mute which will give enough time for the watchmen to report to the GM and decide for a longer mute punishment)
Ingame name should have no difference, as some of the Watchmen decide to go undercover and hide their status (like i was doing).
But there could be a Forum exclusive for Watchmen. To report quick players etc. and contact GMs easier.

Watchmen is a bit old and needs a refreshing.
Boo