Scamming - THIS HAS TO STOP

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

WARBRINGER

Scamming - THIS HAS TO STOP

Post by WARBRINGER »

Scamming is a prominent and unaddressed problem in Forgotten Tales, and yet has such a simple fix - Add in a 'confirmation window' that basically asks 'are you sure you want to complete this trade?' Showing the items being traded. If you want to complete the trade in question, you may click the tick button, and once both parties have done so, the trade is finished with no chance of a scam occurring (I.e. removing the items last second).
I have had this happen to me COUNTLESS TIMES and luckily I'm quick enough to know when to press the yes button, but I have almost lost BILLIONS OF GOLD to this problem. Please, compbatant, implement a fix - I am sure a majority of FT, minus the scammers, will praise you for it :)
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
SellSword

Re: Scamming - THIS HAS TO STOP

Post by SellSword »

Agreed. I'd like to feel secure trading with players I don't know.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Imrazor

Post by Imrazor »

WARBRINGER wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:16 pm Scamming is a prominent and unaddressed problem in Forgotten Tales, and yet has such a simple fix - Add in a 'confirmation window' that basically asks 'are you sure you want to complete this trade?' Showing the items being traded. If you want to complete the trade in question, you may click the tick button, and once both parties have done so, the trade is finished with no chance of a scam occurring (I.e. removing the items last second).
I have had this happen to me COUNTLESS TIMES and luckily I'm quick enough to know when to press the yes button, but I have almost lost BILLIONS OF GOLD to this problem. Please, compbatant, implement a fix - I am sure a majority of FT, minus the scammers, will praise you for it :)
Great idea
Ah! like gold fall the leavs in the wind
long years numberless as the wings of
trees!
sayong

Post by sayong »

AGREE!!!!

GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!!!
8-) If skin is not good,golds work too!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Great idea. As usual, it would need testing but the idea sounds very promising.
Syor

Post by Syor »

IDK.

I have no problems with the current trading system.

never had!

Only luck and speed can create a scam.

In short, it is difficult in my opinion.

The other character should delete or modify something just as you are about to press the green tick. almost impossible.

In my opinion, the exchange system must be implemented in something, but not in this.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Leone

Post by Leone »

It may be difficult for honest players. Unfortunately, there are some unscrupulous players who have become proficient at scamming others.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

I found another "issue" with trading. Can you actually check the item being traded mid trade? Most of the games i played have this option (you can click on the item and information shows up). If this option is there (didnt find it) can someone tell me where amd how to access it?
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

B3lf wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:42 am I found another "issue" with trading. Can you actually check the item being traded mid trade? Most of the games i played have this option (you can click on the item and information shows up). If this option is there (didnt find it) can someone tell me where amd how to access it?
It isn't an option, but should be. That and an extra trade confirmation are the two most common suggestions though.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Another way would be that both party choose what to give, then press trade, there the actual trade page shows up where you see gold, items (with infos), etc. At this point neither side can modify, only check the gold amount, item infos, accept or cancel. A game i've been playing for 4years does this and they recently added a notification if the new trade differs in content compared to the previous. Though it seems harder to implement.
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.