Speed potion ideas

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

haha2u

Speed potion ideas

Post by haha2u »

I have a suggestion to remove speed potions from ft. Speed potions were introduced due to the melee class having a slower walking speed before it was increased so that all classes had the same base walking speed. They were also introduced before "stuns" were implemented to give a melee class a better chance at pvp. In those times speed potions were great for the fairness of the melee class however, they have gotten much better since. Melee classes have the same walking speed as ranged classes as well as a much better way to stun (ranged classes do not) so the speed potions are unnecessary at this point. Any melee class with +1 walking speed legs are almost as fast as a gm with these speed pots which is an issue. I also have a proposal to keep them implemented but to make it fair to all classes and that is to give every class the ability to use them if they so choose.
💜Sissy💜Forever In Our Hearts💜

haha2u (Archer 5058)
Manticore (Ogre 814)
Myers304 (Archer 516)
di4b10 (Mage 550)
BLUNT_AXE (Dwarf 146)
Spartakus (Swordsman 211)
Leone

Re: Speed potion ideas

Post by Leone »

Yes, well put. I agree with either suggestion, but would also like to add that the dwarf class has the advantage of their own speed skill which makes them move extremely quickly.

Having said that, there are well -publicised disadvantages to the dwarf class and I personally wouldn't want them to lose this skill.
haha2u

Post by haha2u »

Leone wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:21 pm Yes, well put. I agree with either suggestion, but would also like to add that the dwarf class has the advantage of their own speed skill which makes them move extremely quickly.

Having said that, there are well -publicised disadvantages to the dwarf class and I personally wouldn't want them to lose this skill.
Agreed, the dwarf speed skill is perfectly understandable since it is a part of their skills.
💜Sissy💜Forever In Our Hearts💜

haha2u (Archer 5058)
Manticore (Ogre 814)
Myers304 (Archer 516)
di4b10 (Mage 550)
BLUNT_AXE (Dwarf 146)
Spartakus (Swordsman 211)
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

I'd be fine with it if they bumped up the speeds a bit or got the rideables done because it takes forever walking everywhere especially for mages
Syor

Post by Syor »

Speed ​​potions are used by non-dwarves to move.

Without these it would be night to walk for 5 mapoe

Unfavorable to their removal

However I don't like my nano to use speed skills and I can't add it to a potion so I have triple speed

In my opinion it is necessary to reason like this

Boots +1

Potion +1

Ability dwarf +1

Legs 2k +1

In practice, if I am a 2000 level dwarf, I should walk at speed +4, and this is not the case at the moment
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Leone

Post by Leone »

Syor wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:52 pm Speed ​​potions are used by non-dwarves to move.

Without these it would be night to walk for 5 mapoe
Actually, mages and archers cannot use speed potions, but dwarves, swordsmen and ogres can use them.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I would personally like a bump in movement speed for the entire game. It is a little tedious at times.

Any speed pots, skills, or gear giving speed bonuses would still calculate as normal beyond the base speed.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

I would like to be able to walk faster.
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

SellSword wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:30 pm I would personally like a bump in movement speed for the entire game. It is a little tedious at times.

Any speed pots, skills, or gear giving speed bonuses would still calculate as normal beyond the base speed.
Totally agree
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

ryaca_ wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:06 pm I would like to be able to walk faster.

Likes this