GM application form

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

GM application form

Post by Leone »

My suggestion here is for future GM applicants and to preserve the integrity of this vital role.

A major part of the application process to becoming GM is honesty. That makes perfect sense as GMs enforce the game rules and are privy to information that most players will never know. Players need to trust them.

There is one question on the application form that I believe needs revisiting, namely:

• What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded? 

My suggestion - add something along the lines of 'and when?' to this question.

Why? Because I think the timing is crucial. Pre March 2018 is widely regarded as acceptable (although I reserve judgment here). March 2018 onwards? Well, in my opinion players who broke these rules after the HUGE uproar at the time need to be considered in this light.

Here is Hobbs post to support what I'm referring to:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15261&hilit=Shared

We come back to that word 'honesty ' again.
SellSword

Re: GM application form

Post by SellSword »

I don't see why not.

There are questions there about being muted and being an outlaw and everyone who answers "yes" seems to give an explanation of why. Might as well urge the same explanation of sorts from that question as well, though some have voluntarily provided it.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Here's my take on this in addition to what Leone posted which I agree 100% with ... add the when.
Leone wrote:A major part of the application process to becoming GM is honesty.
100% agree ... and I'll add: If an applicant tells one "lie" on his/her application, and that includes a lie by omission¹, the [REJECTED] stamp should be applied right then, right there.

And posted publicly exactly why it was [REJECTED].

I think if that happens lies on application forms will drops down to 0 real quick.

A simple example of lie:

• What is the current keyword?
and they get it wrong - It means they lied about doing something they said they did which they did not do OR they would have got it right, not just copied it off another application.

ZATRIION

Post by ZATRIION »

Leone wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:46 am My suggestion here is for future GM applicants and to preserve the integrity of this vital role.

A major part of the application process to becoming GM is honesty. That makes perfect sense as GMs enforce the game rules and are privy to information that most players will never know. Players need to trust them.

There is one question on the application form that I believe needs revisiting, namely:

Why? Because I think the timing is crucial. Pre March 2018 is widely regarded as acceptable (although I reserve judgment here). March 2018 onwards? Well, in my opinion players who broke these rules after the HUGE uproar at the time need to be considered in this light.

Agree with you
Привет, этому аккаунту много лет и его больше не будет, это конец истории.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

ZATRIION wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:30 am
Leone wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:46 am My suggestion here is for future GM applicants and to preserve the integrity of this vital role.

Agree with you
But then, the word 'honesty' no longer applies, as applicants who have bought, sold or traded an account post - March 2018 will likely lie and say they did so prior to it becoming illegal, and so this contributes to rather than eliminates the amount of deception and lies during the application process. Hope that makes sense ;) Anyways, I believe it's best we not talk too deeply about this subject, or at the very least not in this thread, and that we revert back to the original topic
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

WARBRINGER wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:49 pm But then, the word 'honesty' no longer applies, as applicants who have bought, sold or traded an account post - March 2018 will likely lie and say they did so prior to it becoming illegal, and so this contributes to rather than eliminates the amount of deception and lies during the application process. Hope that makes sense ;) Anyways, I believe it's best we not talk too deeply about this subject, or at the very least not in this thread, and that we revert back to the original topic
Logs can be checked as to when things happened. And if it contributes to the lies and deception GREAT!

Ummm this is NOT the "official" GM application thread. It is one that Leone created to discuss putting the "when" in there. That is the original topic.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:26 pm
WARBRINGER wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:49 pm But then, the word 'honesty' no longer applies, as applicants who have bought, sold or traded an account post - March 2018 will likely lie and say they did so prior to it becoming illegal, and so this contributes to rather than eliminates the amount of deception and lies during the application process. Hope that makes sense ;) Anyways, I believe it's best we not talk too deeply about this subject, or at the very least not in this thread, and that we revert back to the original topic
Logs can be checked as to when things happened. And if it contributes to the lies and deception GREAT!

Ummm this is NOT the "official" GM application thread. It is one that Leone created to discuss putting the "when" in there. That is the original topic.
My apologies, I saw the title in the recent posts thingy and assumed it was the legitimate thing! :mrgreen: Only saw the previous page of replies

On another note, great to see you back on the forum, LostKnight! :) Maybe you're not so lost, after all
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

No need to apologize, mistakes happen.

Have been reading the forums all along.
Just not posting much ... a little in the FT Offline forum, I'm playing that quite a bit.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.