Kulgan's tutorial

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Kulgan's tutorial

Post by Leone »

This is something I've been thinking about following a discussion earlier this week. What struck me was a statement about how many new players leave as they aren't sure what to do.

I know we have the tutorial and what a fantastic addition to FT it is. It is up there with pets, crafting and diagonal walking imo.

So, here's my idea. You know when you try and enter a clan map when not in a clan? That message pops up forbidding you from doing so.

So, how about a similar message for any player at 0, 0 something like 'You cannot leave unless you have spoken with Kulgan at the campfire'.

In other words, it will force new players into doing the tutorial and so gain levels, advice and keep them interested in the game.

Once they have spoken with Kulgan then it automatically removes the restriction of leaving 0, 0.
SellSword

Re: Kulgan's tutorial

Post by SellSword »

At a minimum I think the tutorial should be made more obvious. Anything to promote it for new players would be good.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Post by Syor »

Yes.

if you don't talk to kulgan you can't leave the 0.0 map.

I like it
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

And maybe the quest item goes directly into bag or warning that you need the item . I never got the fishing pole and have tried to get it from staff but never got word back so gave up on it so its still in quest book even though its low lvl I would like to complete it and can't
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

The first quest with killing the wolves gives a message when the first tooth appears that you need to touch it to add it to your pack and that applies to all items. But it is easy for a new player to get excited and ignore the on screen prompts (also ones come up right at first explaining str, Dex, etc.) or they hit the x by accident and lose the item. It's fun just to play and ignore the tutorial and on screen messages. But this can have it's own problems in the loss of quest line.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Agree with all that's said.

In fact, maybe change the dialogue for every NPC 0,0 at first to 'go talk to kulgan' until you open quest line.