Offensive names?

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

CharlesWalker

Offensive names?

Post by CharlesWalker »

I realize that alot of young people play this game and that a certain level of immaturity exists within the Forgotten Tales community. However, given the immense, worldwide pandemic of CV-19 that players are now popping up with character names like Covid and Covid-19 etc... These names are unacceptable to me and I would hope to the FT community at large. I hope these named characters are removed out of respect to those whom have been affected by this horrible pandemic. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Fenris the Freya-1,500
WARBRINGER

Re: Offensive names?

Post by WARBRINGER »

Personally, I don't see the problem, as it's pretty much making light of a dim situation, not unlike the memes and such you encounter online - I'm sure that most people who do so do not intend on disrespecting what others are dealing with, as it likely effects them as well. That said, I wouldn't have a problem with it! ;)
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

WARBRINGER wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:49 am Personally, I don't see the problem, as it's pretty much making light of a dim situation, not unlike the memes and such you encounter online - I'm sure that most people who do so do not intend on disrespecting what others are dealing with, as it likely effects them as well. That said, I wouldn't have a problem with it! ;)
What about this WARBRINGER name... War is terrible,how dear you to bring it!! :D :lol:
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

WARBRINGER wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:49 am Personally, I don't see the problem, as it's pretty much making light of a dim situation, not unlike the memes and such you encounter online - I'm sure that most people who do so do not intend on disrespecting what others are dealing with, as it likely effects them as well. That said, I wouldn't have a problem with it! ;)
I agree! So many are offended by anything now.
CharlesWalker

Post by CharlesWalker »

The lack of compassion that exists within the gaming community is sickening. I can find the humor in many things. This isn't One of them.
Just my Two cents.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Best for any player who wants to go with one of those names not to make any significant investment. You know, just in case.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

It's all a matter of perspective. I doubt those names would have been chosen if one of their family or friends had the virus. It is possible some member of this gaming community does have a family member or friend with the virus maybe even one who died. I know someone with such a scenario. That's one perspective. The other is someone blowing off steam or simply trying to convey the persona they would like to portray. I wouldn't choose a deadly virus as a name but lots of players have various forms of death or things that cause death in their names. But for me at least there is a difference between a generic death term and a specific current worldwide pandemic. That's where choice and consideration for others ought to be considered. But it is their right to choose such a name I would not dispute that as long as within the game rules. But for the sake of my friend it is sad no restraint was taken. And that's the perspective I have to take.
Retired
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Given the timing of it, it is extremely poor taste. FYI I do know people who have died of this & pushed to the absolute extremes, this is no time for individuals to be flaunting their complete disregard for their fellow players.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

If anyone sees a player with a name that resembles the coronavirus in any shape form or fashion, please take a screenshot and send it to the GM inbox or send me a PM
Leone

Post by Leone »

ryaca_ wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:43 pm If anyone sees a player with a name that resembles the coronavirus in any shape form or fashion, please take a screenshot and send it to the GM inbox or send me a PM
Likes this message