Auto translate

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

sedak

Auto translate

Post by sedak »

Would be cool option, to enable autotranslate for certain languages.
SellSword

Re: Auto translate

Post by SellSword »

I believe that was mentioned as something that might be built in "later" back when version 7 was rolled out. It would be very nice.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

This would be wery useful for those who can't speak English. And I'd also like to know what Russians say :lol: .
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Syor

Post by Syor »

I solved a little with a keyboard that instantly translates into the language you prefer.

I use the GBoard program, downloadable from PlayStore.

With this keyboard I write in all the languages ​​of the world, but I can't read them.

It would be useful to insert the player's national flag in the character sheet (in my case you can see the Italian flag next to the name)

So each of us knows what language to write to make ourselves understood. And so does the other.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Syor wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:39 pm I solved a little with a keyboard that instantly translates into the language you prefer.

With this keyboard I write in all the languages ​​of the world, but I can't read them.

It would be useful to insert the player's national flag in the character sheet (in my case you can see the Italian flag next to the name)

So each of us knows what language to write to make ourselves understood. And so does the other.
Some players would definitely want to hide the country they are from. If a flag has to be added it should be visible by only GM.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Syor

Post by Syor »

Barkley wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:37 am
Syor wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:39 pm I solved a little with a keyboard that instantly translates into the language you prefer.

Some players would definitely want to hide the country they are from. If a flag has to be added it should be visible by only GM.
Really????
instead of the flag the chosen language will come out on the card. example next to my name will read Italian or English or Russian or any language the player enters at the registration
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Many players seem to have in-game issues with players from different countries. Like it's "Americans" vs "Russians" vs "Spanish" or some dumb thing like that. Personally, I think that's a pretty dumb generalization.

If there were an in-game translation it would be nice to have that in a different color. Normal white chat in your native language and something like red maybe if it's translated. We have green private chat, blue GM chat, orange system chat, and I think some kind of brown for clan chat (never been in a clan so I'm not sure on that). Basically you can see if there is a possible translation issue when you are talking with someone.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
sedak

Post by sedak »

SellSword wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:44 pm Many players seem to have in-game issues with players from different countries. Like it's "Americans" vs "Russians" vs "Spanish" or some dumb thing like that. Personally, I think that's a pretty dumb generalization.

If there were an in-game translation it would be nice to have that in a different color. Normal white chat in your native language and something like red maybe if it's translated. We have green private chat, blue GM chat, orange system chat, and I think some kind of brown for clan chat (never been in a clan so I'm not sure on that). Basically you can see if there is a possible translation issue when you are talking with someone.
Yes. Without something like that would be mistake. Could be also (rus), (eng), (pol) etc added. Its simple to program.