Multiple House Owners

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Multiple House Owners

Post by Leone »

I'm going to post this here as a reminder why I say I am wary about sharing and FT.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15868&p=100346&hili ... ts#p100346

I really am understating things when I say that it was such a huge issue that took up so much of the GM team's time, and the work that went into enforcing that rule was massive.

I'm sure players are sharing accounts today, but the rules are clear that this is not tolerated and players will be punished by being jailed. As they should be.

So, imagine what confusion it will cause if suddenly players can share their houses with their alts and friends.

Just think about this. Here is how it will draw to a natural conclusion:

If players can share one part of the game (houses), then why can they not share another (accounts)?

This is my concern. The rule was created for a reason and was enforced in March 2018 for the same reason.

Let us not create a grey area that some players will take advantage of.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

A possible problem with alts sharing houses would be whether they are actually alts of the same player. I buy a house and let my friends know the email address I used to register it, and soon enough my friends have created "alts" that they use. So it looks like just me and my alts are using a house when it is actually several different people.

I'm not sure how else you determine exactly what alts would be allowed to use a house under this proposal but it seems easy enough to get around and abuse.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Safe to say this is not a idea that could go in game. I didn't think of this happening at all.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I've tossed out a few ideas and it was always sad when others would suggest possible ways they could be abused. It is really quite sad to have to view things through the lens of "how will someone abuse this" when you offer an idea with good intents. I've sure made enough suggestions and it doesn't bother me if other people don't view them the same way that I do, but hearing about potential abuse tends to make people a bit jaded now and then.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Well said SellSword! I try not to tear down any idea but try to find the positives in it first but also feel for the sake of truthfulness to point out if their is a downside too. I hesitate to answer because I don't want to be a discouragement to other players and feel sad when I do. But... sometimes these idea exchanges come up with ideas that are used in this game. And it is worth applauding the players who take the time to put forth ideas as it shows they care about this game we all enjoy. So I say to all with ideas thank you for your efforts! :D
Retired
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

would it be better if the owner had to approve who can access the house, and making a separate storage for pets, wich can only be accessed by the owner? of course limit the amount of accounts that can access a house to 2-3 (including owner). this way "friends" cant make alts have access to the inventory without the owner's permission and pets would be stored in an alternative page wich could only be accessed by the owner, thus removing the problem with pets (pet storage only accessible to owner, so those who have access to inventory still has to get a house to store their pet). also as a safety measure, like cant access alt (other device died, or simply dont want to use again) there should be a feature to deny access for those who got it previously (with a 1month cooldown period for giving next access to tune down abusement as much as possible without hurting this feature too much)
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

another feature could be to handle crafting access and inventory access separately (1 extra crafting access and 2-3 inventory access)
the list of players with permissions could go to information tab (permission granting could go there too), further limiting the chance for abuse (permission granting could ve either by request or referral system; request is as it says, while referral system is decided owner (would need an extra page in house to add players with access, this should work by inputting name, asking for the name 2times like with passwords to avoid typos)
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:40 am A possible problem with alts sharing houses would be whether they are actually alts of the same player. I buy a house and let my friends know the email address I used to register it, and soon enough my friends have created "alts" that they use. So it looks like just me and my alts are using a house when it is actually several different people.
Same email, different IP = sharing = jail time
SS wrote: I'm not sure how else you determine exactly what alts would be allowed to use a house under this proposal but it seems easy enough to get around and abuse.
Same email, same IP = same person

Now saying that buy your alts extra storage at the bank/tavern is easier and currently available.

MAYBE there could be something done with that:

IF you have extra storage at Bank/Tavern it would allow storage of 2 pets PER extra package.
Can you even buy more than one "Extra Storage" for bank/tavern?
- - I don't remember

NOTE: 2 pets per "extra package" not 2 at the bank and 2 at the tavern since the extra package is good for both bank and tavern.

Just a though.

House: I would never give someone access to my house.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Up to a total of 100 slots available in bank/tavern each. 1 upgrade works on both, so it's a 2 for 1 deal (or 40 for 20 really).
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

justj99 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:26 pm Up to a total of 100 slots available in bank/tavern each. 1 upgrade works on both, so it's a 2 for 1 deal (or 40 for 20 really).
It has been said before that there is no limit on extensions for either house or bank/tavern, so unless there was a recent change I think you can hold as much as you want.