fire arrows....... and for others?

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Syor

fire arrows....... and for others?

Post by Syor »

I think the idea is great to add equipment that personalizes the character.

However it is correct, in my opinion, that we all have something to customize their character and not just the archers.

Obviously if you have ideas put them here.

I start with my idea.

First of all, you need to add a small space to the character sheet, as large as the ring space, even near the ring that fits there.

We have many stones at stake. but many.

Each stone does something for the character.

Example: in that space I insert a "Magic Gem" and get 10% more damage.
But since (I repeat) we have so many stones, you could choose which stone to insert for the desired effect.

What are the effects?
you can easily increase damage, dexterity or armor by 10%, but also magic resistance, or skills or regeneration speed, in short, you can do a lot of things.
Just an idea.
I would really like to read yours.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
SellSword

Re: fire arrows....... and for others?

Post by SellSword »

I understand that fire arrows are the first of these types of upgrades for classes. I think that clear suggestions would be nice for other classes to help speed the changes for them.

For archers the materials needed for fire arrows (I like Leone's suggestion to rename that so they aren't confused with the skill) are easy to get. For other classes maybe things like:

Carbon + torch (gives a number of charges)
Stone + speed pot (same)
Fish + torch (yummy food boost for ogres)

Those are just random, but easy to obtain as far as materials. For archers though the fire arrow materials can be crafted anywhere so those things need to be kept in mind too.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

I m thinking to suggest a spitfire rod to fire other players skin :lol:
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Make a campfire plus fish (or other dropped meats!) = cooked food. Use like a potion to regenerate hp, like +10% on rings, but all the time. Then, non-mages can heal themselves some when fighting too!

One active at a time, and similar length to speed potions or skills.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

A few other ideas I had recently:

- Off hand melee weapons:
It looks like no shields add damage. The player would lose some arm and dex, but they might not need it for the mob. An off hand weapon would add 10% damage like the fire arrows. Although that does put the archer at a disadvantage since they'd have to craft theirs. Maybe a normal thrown axe, knife, fish can get combined with something to make a stack of 50 to use in a way similar to the arrows instead.

- A lightning arrow:
normal damage, but chance to jump to another mob at 50% with 50% dmg. So, original mob is normal attack, let's say 100 damage to make the math easy. 50% jump with 50 damage, 50% chance to jump again with 25 damage, etc. Even though the chance stays 50%, the real chance of jumping reduces each time by half. It's like how the chance of flipping a fair coin and landing on heads multiple times in a row is reduced. 50% chance of heads one time in a row. 25% for heads twice in a row, 12.5% chance of heads 3 times in a row, etc. A small effect with a jagged line to show the lightning jumps would be fun.

-Vampire arrows/weapons:
Combine vampire blood with trunks (like making fire arrows) or thrown weapons to make vampire weapons. While using, increases damage by 5%, heal yourself for 5% of the damage.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I like the idea of added items to enhance abilities like stones etc. I think they ought to need to be renewed and only last for a time and then turn dark or dissolve and need to be replaced. So someone who wants a boost has to work a bit for the enhancement.

I will like to see what new weapon choices are for other classes. I am not sure about using current thrown objects like an ogre thrown fish with bionic fins that cut and shred :o as they already have a use. And unlike archers any thrown item I think would require targeting by other classes where an archer Auto targets enemies at a distance.

Carbon and fire for 50 swings of an axe or sword or club, meteor and fire for even stronger swing of axe or sword or club might work. The mage I have little experience with so no thoughts for him/her.
Retired
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I was thinking more along the lines that you could use the current thrown items in combination with something else (flaming fish, axe, knife?) to make a temporary hand held item. Maybe after 50 hits, it "burns up"? The idea being that the added power makes it handheld and unstable, so only good for 50 uses like the arrows.

Or, to go even more simple, maybe combine the torch and trunk to make a flame "club" good for 50 hits usable by all melee in the off hand.
Syor

Post by Syor »

finally I read some very interesting ideas.

As Gullander says, I like the idea of ​​combining and using new objects, and I also like that they dissolve after a while

I think it's better in time, it's easier, maybe a week?

Nice idea of ​​creating a melee weapon for archers, but for what purpose?
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
justj99

Post by justj99 »

The archer ready has flame arrows he can craft for more dmg, so the torch, fish, knife, whatever, idea is for melee players to do something similar. Temporary boost. The catch is that they don't have an empty off hand, so they would need to unequip the shield. Sometimes, that might be fine (for certain mobs with low dex, for instance), but probably not great for pvp or tougher monsters.

The reference to archers was to point out the similarity between temporary natures, not to suggest use by the archer.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The easy thing for archers and mages is that they have an open shield slot that can be used (one higher level crossbow being the exception I believe). Allowing 50 special arrows to be added/removed from there like normal equipment is pretty easy.

As a swordsman I have every equipment slot filled. Adding any enhancement that can be equipped and removed at will like arrows is not an option in the same way.

I think some kind of new accessory slot would be the best option. Maybe there is a way to equip a weapon and an enhancement on the same spot, but that seems like it would be more difficult.

EDIT: Post with pretty much the same overall idea made as I type, but oh well
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.