Heal blocker abuse

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

KalaBos

Heal blocker abuse

Post by KalaBos »

Boss I'm put this in suggestion, but this making mages weaker yet we get jumped and stunned over and we can't hit speed potion like All melee can to get away to save our butts. They abuse heal blocking mages it unfair b/s. So how about if your a mage and they use a heal blocker, then the mage can hit the ignore hand you put in to prevent healing them. Its being abused over and over bro please. So that way you can't kill the low level but you don't have to be forced to heal them.
B3lf

Re: Heal blocker abuse

Post by B3lf »

mage healing is overpowered, any mage with decent equipments 50lvls or more under you can easily kill you by using heal and the only way to deal with that is the so called heal "abusers"
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

KalaBos wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:44 am Boss I'm put this in suggestion, but this making mages weaker yet we get jumped and stunned over and we can't hit speed potion like All melee can to get away to save our butts. They abuse heal blocking mages it unfair b/s. So how about if your a mage and they use a heal blocker, then the mage can hit the ignore hand you put in to prevent healing them. Its being abused over and over bro please. So that way you can't kill the low level but you don't have to be forced to heal them.
fight on clan map and u wont have heal blocking issue...
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
KalaBos

Post by KalaBos »

B3lf wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:06 pm mage healing is overpowered, any mage with decent equipments 50lvls or more under you can easily kill you by using heal and the only way to deal with that is the so called heal "abusers"
Your dreaming on killing me, what is addressed is the abuse of heal blockers that they log on to help 6 weak pathetic melee who start what they can't finish.
KalaBos

Post by KalaBos »

cotne7 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 pm
KalaBos wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:44 am Boss I'm put this in suggestion, but this making mages weaker yet we get jumped and stunned over and we can't hit speed potion like All melee can to get away to save our butts. They abuse heal blocking mages it unfair b/s. So how about if your a mage and they use a heal blocker, then the mage can hit the ignore hand you put in to prevent healing them. Its being abused over and over bro please. So that way you can't kill the low level but you don't have to be forced to heal them.
fight on clan map and u wont have heal blocking issue...
Lol says the mage which died 10 times to my 0 on clan map in 1 1/2 hours shush it
Leone

Post by Leone »

This is a topic that is revisited throughout the history of ft and has long been a bone of contention.

Here is an example from earlier this year, and within it I quote another example from 2016. I would imagine that there are even earlier forum posts as well.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17600

Non-mages aren't happy as they can't beat mages 1 vs 1, and mages aren't happy as players gang up on them. It's a tricky one.

If non-mages had a realistic method of healing themselves, then I suspect they wouldn't mind if the mage's 'heal all' was changed to 'heal self'.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

KalaBos wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:14 pm
B3lf wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:06 pm mage healing is overpowered, any mage with decent equipments 50lvls or more under you can easily kill you by using heal and the only way to deal with that is the so called heal "abusers"
Your dreaming on killing me, what is addressed is the abuse of heal blockers that they log on to help 6 weak pathetic melee who start what they can't finish.
you see, in a pvp oriented game there should be equality between all classes. mages have heal (any other class have it? no?), green flow spell (2.5xmana dmg, distributed between targets equally). i get it that during pvp healing and dmg is halved but so what? can any other class heal themselves at all? green flow still deals 1.25x mana dmg (and you can spamclick it unlike all other class's skills)
mages cant stun? they can slow (if they could stun its almost game over). i dont understand your problem (heal blockers help 6 "weak pathetic meele"); this means ypu can easily deal with those 6 but you still want to make mage stronger by dealing with heal blockers? what do you want to achieve? for a mage to get killed get a whole clan to attack together? no offense, but at lower lvls mages are a pain (and dwarfs dont get any love; 50% magic dmg reduction is all we have for pvp)
in my opinion to adress the problem with heal blockers we have to reballance mages (better at the same time though, so as to not mages weak for a period of time)
for example if heal had a cooldown, same with all other mage skill (for pvp, pve is a different story; changing anything there is killing mages completely). the cooldown dont have to be long (or make heal a heal-over-time skill, triggers 1/sec for a set period of time, then it goes on cooldown).
also, im not dreaming on killing anybody, just hoping any class stands a chance 1v1 against any other
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Leone wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:46 pm This is a topic that is revisited throughout the history of ft and has long been a bone of contention.

Here is an example from earlier this year, and within it I quote another example from 2016. I would imagine that there are even earlier forum posts as well.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17600

Non-mages aren't happy as they can't beat mages 1 vs 1, and mages aren't happy as players gang up on them. It's a tricky one.

If non-mages had a realistic method of healing themselves, then I suspect they wouldn't mind if the mage's 'heal all' was changed to 'heal self'.
if non mages could 1v1 mages id understand mages for getting frunstrated when they get ganged on
Rotvile

Post by Rotvile »

Shots fired!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled off was convincing the world that he didn't exist
KalaBos

Post by KalaBos »

B3lf wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:59 pm
KalaBos wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:14 pm
you see, in a pvp oriented game there should be equality between all classes. mages have heal (any other class have it? no?), green flow spell (2.5xmana dmg, distributed between targets equally). i get it that during pvp healing and dmg is halved but so what? can any other class heal themselves at all? green flow still deals 1.25x mana dmg (and you can spamclick it unlike all other class's skills)
mages cant stun? they can slow (if they could stun its almost game over). i dont understand your problem (heal blockers help 6 "weak pathetic meele"); this means ypu can easily deal with those 6 but you still want to make mage stronger by dealing with heal blockers? what do you want to achieve? for a mage to get killed get a whole clan to attack together? no offense, but at lower lvls mages are a pain (and dwarfs dont get any love; 50% magic dmg reduction is all we have for pvp)
in my opinion to adress the problem with heal blockers we have to reballance mages (better at the same time though, so as to not mages weak for a period of time)
for example if heal had a cooldown, same with all other mage skill (for pvp, pve is a different story; changing anything there is killing mages completely). the cooldown dont have to be long (or make heal a heal-over-time skill, triggers 1/sec for a set period of time, then it goes on cooldown).
also, im not dreaming on killing anybody, just hoping any class stands a chance 1v1 against any other
Slow is a b/s spell slows just 1x after that about 30 secs til it slows again, as for equally fair, well mage can unfreeze true, but we can't hit speed potion and run away either so you saying that's fair? Yet melee can come pick a fight log a alt level 1 on and stand them next to mage(who can't unfreeze hit speed and run) and stun and attack over til dead. Smh your conception of making it fair blows my mind LMAO