Remove 100k Gold Purchase Option

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

_NICKPAN_

Remove 100k Gold Purchase Option

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

I believe 100000 gold Purchase Option should be removed from the Game. (real money to ingame currency shouldn't be a thing)
For many reasons;

1st of all. It's totally outdated. People may have used that and find it useful Years before. Now, 100k gold is obtainable way easier from any level and often it's *trash* for higher level players.

2nd, I don't believe anyone is using this purchase option, and if someone does, he is unaware of Game's Economy and what 100k gold means in today's game (could be a newbie who want to buy a boost-up, but later on he would feel scammed by the game itself)
I would call that scam for it's 2.5€ish price (differ for each country)
Not a way to make money. Levels, pets and other options are already good enough.

3rd, a player can simply purchase a 100 lvl set of gears and making more than 500k by simply selling to shops. (i won't include player-to-player trades, since I'm talking about Money that can be created from the game and not already existed)

4rd, it would be a BAD decision to increase the Gold given according to today's market. Since it would be like a Billion or more to make it Fair for a real money purchase, but still it would Destroy game's market and economy. This would lead to billions or trillions of gold generated and created from the game. Destroying market prices and economy of the game.

I'm pretty sure everyone at one point, thought about it.
And wonder why this option is not removed or updated yet?
I will suggest to remove it. I would like a real answer to the question and any feedback. :D
Boo
Gullander

Re: Remove 100k Gold Purchase Option

Post by Gullander »

I agree it is no longer a valid item. I regularly give new players 250k to help them in lower levels to get the best gear.

I was shocked to see this in the offline rpg as well. And I was really shocked that you can purchase one or ten levels on the rpg! You talked about the 100k being a borderline game scam considering the present value of things in the game. I can't imagine buying levels for the rpg only to find out it is incomplete and basically abandoned with no intention of expanding or improving the content. Perhaps it is time to relook at both game purchasing options.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

To further the discussion here is some previous discussion as well.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17289&p=120231&hilit=100k#p120230
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree with all points raised.

So - should this option be removed ?

Or

What would be a more realistic amount if a player chooses to buy gold for real money?

To prevent hyper-inflation as previously described, I suggest something around the 100m to 250m range.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Raising the gold amount to something like 100m would be 1000x the amount. That sould like an extreme change, but less likely to damage the game economy as something like a 1b gold amount.

At least if someone did purchase that early in the game they would get a but of use out of it. Someone might catch on that they could get more from other items, but it would actually be a useful purchase. (Plus no having to deal with trades.)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.