Problems with some numbers

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Syor

Problems with some numbers

Post by Syor »

Guys alone am I having trouble reading the hp and XP of strong monsters?

That's too many digits, and I have to count the digits to figure out what number it is.

I propose to insert a period as a thousands separator for all Monsters.

Same problem for character xp bar, I would prefer thousands separation points

Worm hp now 200000
Ho propose 200.000

Giant.xp now 7500000
Giant XP propose 7.500.000
(Just examples, don't care if it's real or false)

But I don't like skills being shortened to k.
Let me explain.
Currently to get to level 6 in manufacturing I need to reach 320k. It doesn't help me
Because I don't actually know how much failures help me, and I can't choose the best fabrication
I like to know how much I make in each bankruptcy, but many times the number doesn't change, and I don't understand how much I've wasted

The same thing for all abilities, eliminate the K, but leave the number as long as the XP, possibly with a thousands separator point.

Now 320k
Propose 320.000

Now streight, armor and dexterity already have the point, I hope it can be used everywhere

Grazie.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
justj99

Re: Problems with some numbers

Post by justj99 »

I think one issue in the past was which separator to use. For you, it might be a 300.000, but for me 300,000 is normal. I think some others have 300'000? I don't know. Personally, I'm fine with 300.000 or whatever else. Even a space would help although I'm sure there are times that would get confusing.
Leone

Post by Leone »

The game translators do distinguish between the ' , and . as appropriate to the country involved. I think that's as it should be.

The word 'space' is mentioned and I think that's also relevant. For example, 300k takes up less room than:

300'000
300 000

And that affects space on game screen.

But, we've seen related threads: what is easier to understand- 2000m or 2B?

A zero makes all the difference here.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Leone beat me to it while I was getting ice cream! :lol:

Below are two threads, one more related than the other. As I mentioned in one of them I don't think that "one million" is the same as "one thousand thousands," or something to that effect.

With some trades there is over 10 billion gold being exchanged. If the "comma vs period" issue couldn't be worked out with the language and spaces are used instead that number would become "10 000 000 000" so definitely getting up there in the space requirements.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14029&start=10

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16728
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

i think this is needed for trade affinity exp values (for example, my lv8 mining shows 12k to lvl up, but in fact its 12.8k, based on the fact that it always doubles and previous was 6400; i know how much needed but i wont know how much i exactly have above 10k)
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

B3lf wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:23 am i think this is needed for trade affinity exp values (for example, my lv8 mining shows 12k to lvl up, but in fact its 12.8k, based on the fact that it always doubles and previous was 6400; i know how much needed but i wont know how much i exactly have above 10k)
That has come up a few times as well. When you show 12k/12k status and wonder why you haven't leveled up it's easy to wonder.

For trade affinity perhaps something where you can tap on the status to get a more detailed view. For example, 12222/12400 or something like that. That'd be a way around space limits if there are some.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Post by Syor »

Thank you all.

1- it doesn't make much difference if a point or a comma is put, as long as there is a separator. Perhaps the "space" is not recommended because it increases the length of the number.

2-I believe that digit stretch space (120K to 120,000) is everywhere. Both on the character sheet and on the monster sheet to add a point or comma.

Another example, I like to play for goals. I like doing 200 stones a day, but with 12K I can't bring the bill, and I don't know how many are missing.

I would leave the money unchanged.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Syor

Post by Syor »

I don't want to make controversy.

But explain to me why a skill that goes up 1 at a time is accepted for 1000 ???

There is no point in reducing a skill that goes up one point at a time to multiples of 1k.

I never know how much I miss, I can play for goals, for example, 300 stones a day.

In this way I raise the skills, for daily goals (so it is easier for me) and I am less afraid

Please correct.
Attachments
IMG_20201026_083026.jpg
IMG_20201026_083026.jpg (24.47 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

In case this doesn't get changed you could see how long a mining sequence takes, and make an average of how many stones you get. For instance 300 stones / 12 stones X 1.25 minutes = 31.25 minutes for 300. At least this would give you an idea of your progress. And the 12k at level 9 is really 12,800 !! :o
Retired
Syor

Post by Syor »

Gullander wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:31 pm In case this doesn't get changed you could see how long a mining sequence takes, and make an average of how many stones you get. For instance 300 stones / 12 stones X 1.25 minutes = 31.25 minutes for 300. At least this would give you an idea of your progress. And the 12k at level 9 is really 12,800 !! :o
I'm going wrong with the time calculation as you have to put that moment of a second between one sequence and another. and then you tell me that they are 12800 and not 12k ...... why reduce it?

I still think this doesn't make much sense
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN