Combined light sources

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

justj99

Combined light sources

Post by justj99 »

For some, some areas are too dark. Even with the best light sources in the game. Can we make it so that light sources combine to be brighter? Ranges don't have to change, just combine brightnesses if there's more than one light source in the bag. Up to the normal full light level.
SellSword

Re: Combined light sources

Post by SellSword »

I'd be all for that. The darkness depends on the ground as I understand. If you find areas with two different ground types the difference can be apparent. That's how we get caves where you can't see much while other caves aren't that bad.

Combining lights would be great. Maybe even some kind of upgrade like 2 or 3 magic torches make a brighter one. Anything like that would work.

There are light combinations in the game already when players stand near each other.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Well, rather than have to carry more than one magic torch, why not have a similar system to wood axes, pickaxes and so on? +1, 2 and you know the rest.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

The maps has now changed to a new design....

Best would b that the dark dungeons will get a new design too soon, and...

PLACE CANDLE HOLDERS at the walls.

I played another game (i dont tell what a agame) and there are candles at the wall i can on with fire.
Firebows, Firehits, or magic torch, or a torch...anything what has fire and it glows a lil time...maybe 0,5 hrs for ALL players.
And every other player should make them on again if they off.

Thats a cool idea if it is to dark, and a little more fun for players to on this candles.

I think some players running around than, and allways on all lighters in a dungeon....LOL

Best is...only ON the candles with nowmal TORCHES ! Everyone can craft them and wear them with them in the bag if enering any dungeon.
DUKE of SK-Clan
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

not sure i like the candles on the walls idea. i dont want to stop and light candles to see where im going. it might work fine at a particular spawn or spot. but for example running to precious metals in hobbs mine its very dark along the way and hard to navigate i just know the way so i can do it but i wouldnt want to stop and keep lighting candles just to make the run.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Blackbetty wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:47 pm not sure i like the candles on the walls idea. i dont want to stop and light candles to see where im going. it might work fine at a particular spawn or spot. but for example running to precious metals in hobbs mine its very dark along the way and hard to navigate i just know the way so i can do it but i wouldnt want to stop and keep lighting candles just to make the run.
That's a very good point and a perfect example of the novelty soon wearing off!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm not opposed to candles on the walls because someone can do them if they want and not bother with them if they don't want. Even if that was added though it wouldn't help with low light when outside of caves/dungeons. I believe a separate option to increase light/decrease darkness overall would help.

EDIT: A suggestion noted here with nightvision as well as part of a skill tree suggestion:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17354&p=136131#p136105
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.