Dark Vision

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

justj99

Dark Vision

Post by justj99 »

I saw in another post some discussion about night vision. I'm not sure how it was planned. I think I saw something about a potion and also a suggestion about a quest.

There are several crafting NPCs, smiths, and mages throughout the game that could use something more to do. A potion would need to last a while (an hour, maybe?), night vision goggles could work as long as they're in the bag, and a quest to gain the permanent ability would be very welcome as well.

I'm not sure I read how it was planned before, but making things 50% less dark if you have night vision would be great. Then, a light source would further brighten the area within it's range.

For a potion, I would suggest something most players can get as ingredients. Vampire blood, spider venom, or something else pretty low level as materials. Or perhaps even a new color herb or mushroom similar to the ones picked near Ashdown and on map 2.0, respectively.
justj99

Re: Dark Vision

Post by justj99 »

I think I first noticed here when searching about the skill tree ideas I've heard some things about.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17351&p=121272&hili ... on#p121272
Leone

Post by Leone »

Either that idea or this one:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17277&p=120025&hili ... on#p120025

Same result either way I guess:)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

An option to make thing less dark (whatever way, whatever duration) would be nice.

The example I've tossed out a few times is a TV show where it is "dark" for the characters. Of course it isn't too dark on the screen. That's not something enjoyable to watch but both characters and viewers pretend it's dark while the viewer gets the benefit of seeing what's going on. Kind of like a game would be.

But for the suggestion I'd be all for anything like that. It can't be class specific as the only requirement I'd say.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Nice! I missed that one!
Leone wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:01 pm Either that idea or this one:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17277&p=120025&hili ... on#p120025

Same result either way I guess:)
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

it would be so nice to be able to see again. theres no benefit to having night anyway.