PVP Protection, Lifetime..

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Elgur

Re: PVP Protection, Lifetime..

Post by Elgur »

Leone wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:13 pm There are some players who buy pvp protection and drag spawn onto others without reprisal. To my mind, this is pvp by stealth.

Introduce a permanent pvp protection and you can see where this goes.
Good point.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

I guess we should get rid of pvp protection. I was unaware of its abuses. I say drop protection and let the game go on.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
DerKing

Post by DerKing »

I would not get rid of PvP protection because of that.
I never heard that being a problem, and if i as a 1k player wanted to attack someone with spawn, for example a level 2k players it doesn't matter if i have protection or not, they can't hit back.
And if the player is below my level they would die pretty fast and even if they can attack back, they probably wouldn't be able to kill me, because thay have to safe their pets or because of my stats.
So the problem isn't the PvP protection l, but players that abuse it. And they wouldn't stop with PvP protection gone. But if would leave players that use it vulnerable to others.
My solution to dragging spawn would be a change in the monster AI.
They only attack you and will despawn if you leave. They only attack others if they attack them first. Pets attacks don't count.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Leone wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:13 pm There are some players who buy pvp protection and drag spawn onto others without reprisal. To my mind, this is pvp by stealth.

Perhaps if the account requesting it had to be approved for the status? Not necessarily by moderators, but maybe a set of players who have no history of breaking rules, watchmen, or even former moderators? If approved, a message can be sent to comp, similar to how houses used to be? House location had to be picked before a purchase was made, this was before they were actual items.
Does life really get better?
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

NightBaby wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Perhaps if the account requesting it had to be approved for the status? Not necessarily by moderators, but maybe a set of players who have no history of breaking rules, watchmen, or even former moderators? If approved, a message can be sent to comp, similar to how houses used to be? House location had to be picked before a purchase was made, this was before they were actual items.
The issue with this is that most former moderators have left the game (only 2 of us still play). The GMs themselves have so much to do on their list that they'd never have time, and non-mods cannot always be counted on to be impartial. I'm currently in a clan war myself. You think I want an enemy's alt to be untouchable, even if I know that player is a decent guy? Also, how would non-mods know what kind of players they're dealing with, since they don't have access to reports or server logs?
Permanent protection from PvP is a generally bad idea, in my opinion.
Omnes Autem Uri