PVP Protection, Lifetime..

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

davidjett

PVP Protection, Lifetime..

Post by davidjett »

You know.. Just a thought. I'd be willing to pay a premium for lifetime PVP protection.

Would be nice for those of us who do not participate in PVP.
Attachments
download.png
download.png (6.7 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
Last edited by davidjett on Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis
SellSword

Re: PVP Protection, Lifetime..

Post by SellSword »

I'm sure many others would go for that as there tends to be two very different views on PvP.

Forfeit protection if you join a clan and if you try to accidentally attack someone have a confirmation message asking if you want to lose non-PvP status.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Isacas

Post by Isacas »

Agree! I don´t like PVP either and I would pay for this status!
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

I tried clans, but not my cup of tea. Being attacked at randowm interval-------i don' approve of such behavior
If I were a new player who dislikes pvp on the fly, then Yes, I
would
pay for lifetime pvp protection?
Have no idea what the cost or even if that were possible.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

life time pvp protection?hmm ikd but are you sure you gona be without clan forever?
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Some players are more than fine without a clan. Some players may change their mind after awhile. That doesn't really matter much as long as you give someone an opportunity to change one way or another.

There would obviously be a cost to purchase, but if someone wanted to test out clans and then go back to the no-PvP purchase they could do that. It would presumably cost more than regular PvP protection so constant use wouldn't make much sense.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I'm wondering about what would be a fair cost and is it reasonable considering the current option of a week pvp free? Ive played 4+ years now...that just complicates a lifetime pvp option..how do you anticipate what is fair considering players may play long or short? And another question even if you personally don't initiate pvp I think an option of feeling impervious to player attack won't it make the player feeling they can do whatever they want for as long as they want because no one can attack them? Conversely wouldn't such an option remove a part of the danger that makes a game fun? We may not like being attacked but it does keep us alert while playing especially if a red named player enters our area, is the game going to be better without this potential risk? We like things orderly but the chaos written into the storyline itself sets the tone of the game, will removing the danger from players that align themselves in their play with the evil forces go against the foundation of the game itself?

If such a change is made I would prefer it be done at some point where the player can choose his alignment. You choose a follower of Sebastius or a follower of Ascanius and either choice both limits you and allows you certain activities. We see this idea in part at least with the book quest. Different things occur if you give the book to the boy or the creepy stranger, or underground village quest where you can choose to rob the mages house entering the thief quest line or leave his treasure untouched. I welcome some kind of such suggestion that is woven into the game rather than just a personal preference that perhaps only a few can afford. It should be good for all players...that's my forum mantra which sometimes is forgotten. ;)
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well said Gull. never thought about it along those lines.

But there are some, like me, that never have liked PvP and recognize that the game can survive with both PvPers and non_PvPers in the realm. Clanned ot not.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

There are some players who buy pvp protection and drag spawn onto others without reprisal. To my mind, this is pvp by stealth.

Introduce a permanent pvp protection and you can see where this goes.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:13 pm There are some players who buy pvp protection and drag spawn onto others without reprisal. To my mind, this is pvp by stealth.

Introduce a permanent pvp protection and you can see where this goes.
OH DEAR! Never heard of that. :(
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.