ITEMS - GEARS

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SK1976

ITEMS - GEARS

Post by SK1976 »

+ITEMS or +GEARS should no longer be fishable, tradeable or dropable !!!

The ft-world is overflooted with such items :(
DUKE of SK-Clan
mYHome

Re: ITEMS - GEARS

Post by mYHome »

what do you mean ??
Life is a precious gift, don't waste it
Value yourself and your time
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

One question: Why?
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I think it is too late for anything.

People who have played long enough remember that there was a change where +1 and +2 gear was suddenly being fished very often. For gear below level 300 or 400 or so it seems that many players only want that +1 or +2 gear now. After that change I had a hard time even giving away +0 gear as people just didnt want it.

I'm in favor of having more items as non-trade, but I think there are enough +1 and +2 items now it would be hard to change.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Why should +1 armour (for example) not be droppable?
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I think this is mostly a reaction about the glut of plus items now available. My first reaction when they became fishable, and as a sometimes surprise from chests, or hidden items in Ardesia, and I guess the occasional drop, was wow how cool! My second reaction was given time what used to be rare would become common (at least in lower levels like Sell mentioned) and in essence everyone at those levels would be the same with better gear just as they had been the same with +0 gear. The greatest advantage is the small increase making grinding a bit faster being able to kill more and be better protected. I don't see the change being bad but over time it really is the new normal and plus isn't the special item it once was, until later on perhaps for higher levels.

I know I waffle on sometimes but here's a small true story. A friend of mine gave me a 175+1 sword to use long before these widespread plus changes. It was a rare and hard to get product of lots of crafting until a plus came. I cherished it, I still have it as both a memorial of a simpler time and a reminder of friendship. Now move ahead and within a short time not only did my master fisherman ogre fish a +1 but also a +2! And this has been repeated many times. Now a 175+1 is common and in reality a sell to a shop throwaway item. That's what has happened. But I will keep that old 175+1 because it reminds me of when a plus meant you really had something, and for friendship sake.
Retired
Stormstar

Post by Stormstar »

Maybe +3 or 4. could be the new extremly rare items in the future?
Leone

Post by Leone »

I disagree. If there were +3 or +4 items available then they actually could be better than the item above them.

To continue Gull's example, a 175+3 or 4 sword could have better statistics than a 200+0 sword.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I recently had an alt hit 250. I had a 200+2 weapon equipped and only had a 250+0 weapon on hand at the time and it wasn't an upgrade of just a few points. Having +3 or +4 would definitely be an upgrade over a +0 the next tier up at the lower levels.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Even +2 now in some instances are better in some stats that a higher level.

For instance a 1000+2 shield has armor of 815 but a 1500 shield has only 800. True the 1500 has additional 50 damage and 50 Dex but it illustrates how close a + can be to the next level up +0.
Retired