upgraded items not dropped in pvp.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Syor

Re: upgraded items not dropped in pvp.

Post by Syor »

davidjett wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:23 am

Those that do not participate PVP battles generally seem to be the players that are most active in the forums and most active on Discord. Meaning that when they post on the forums or chats they are doing so to offer advice, help other players, post custom made maps/walkthroughs and engage in meaningful conversations. That said, they are generally pretty agreeable people.

On the other hand, those that do participate in PVP battles regularly only jump into the forums when they wish to complain about something, whine about being jailed for breaking a particular rule, wish to disparage other players or just want to rant about whatever their thorn of the week is.

Also, based on that above. I've found that non-PVPers tend to be a pretty selfless people that are willing to give of their time to assist fellow players by helping them with quests, items or leveling up. Whereas PVPers tend to be more selfish with their time, resources and game play. (Keep in mind, I'm not advocating for or against either of the styles of gameplay, it's a game and play however you wish and in whatever way brings you joy.)

Again. These are just MY impressions and I may be completely off base BUT I will say one thing that is a guaranteed reality.

++++

I think this too.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

davidjett wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:23 am Reading this thread has caused me to think on a number of things..
{snip}
Very well put.
I have to say I agree with all of it.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

davidjett wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:23 am Reading this thread has caused me to think on a number of things..

During my on and off time playing over the years I've come away with the following observation. Keep in mind, this is purely my observation and since an observation is only the interpretation of one person and not necessarily representative of a broader audience, my observation my be incorrect but, in either case, here is what I've noticed.

Those that do not participate PVP battles generally seem to be the players that are most active in the forums and most active on Discord. Meaning that when they post on the forums or chats they are doing so to offer advice, help other players, post custom made maps/walkthroughs and engage in meaningful conversations. That said, they are generally pretty agreeable people.

On the other hand, those that do participate in PVP battles regularly only jump into the forums when they wish to complain about something, whine about being jailed for breaking a particular rule, wish to disparage other players or just want to rant about whatever their thorn of the week is.

Also, based on that above. I've found that non-PVPers tend to be a pretty selfless people that are willing to give of their time to assist fellow players by helping them with quests, items or leveling up. Whereas PVPers tend to be more selfish with their time, resources and game play. (Keep in mind, I'm not advocating for or against either of the styles of gameplay, it's a game and play however you wish and in whatever way brings you joy.)

Again. These are just MY impressions and I may be completely off base BUT I will say one thing that is a guaranteed reality.

That 1,000+lvl item, or whatever it is, that you are longing to steal from another player is probably something you could have been given freely (numerous times over) by other agreeable non-PVPer's just because that's what they do. I say this is a guaranteed reality because I have had so many people generously give to me time and time again with both their in game resources and their time. And that is why I choose to PVL..

PS - I feel I also need to add that there are exceptions to the above. I know of a few clan PVPers out there that regularly help others but, they are an exception to what I see as normative behavior.
This is an incredibly insightful post.

In all of it is the word 'selfless'. I'd love this to be the culture of the game, rather than twisting things to individual gain - clan or no clan.
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:57 pm
your talking about what you dont know.you dont know what real war means and what it means to get or loose gears in it!
REALLY! You are absolutely certain of that are you!

Do you know what real war means!
I think you confuse REAL WAR with the pixel wars here.
I am not afraid of PvP in a game, pixels don't die, they respawn

You have no idea what I have been through, so do not tell me I'm talking about something that I don't know.

I simply see PvP as a senseless display of violence that spills over from Real Life into a game! Only in real life if you die, you don't get to go home and start over!

Let me ask you this:
Would PvP be fun if the drop rate was: 0.1% and then a 28% chance that you can pick it up IF it's dropped?

And like you: it's all opinions! So let's agree to disagree.

OK, now I'm bored - BYE!
mmm lost knight real war in game thats what i meant...but i think your mentioning real life wars...idk why you mantioned that tho...and ft real war yah you dont know...i have never seen you in big wars.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

During my on and off time playing over the years I've come away with the following observation. Keep in mind, this is purely my observation and since an observation is only the interpretation of one person and not necessarily representative of a broader audience, my observation my be incorrect but, in either case, here is what I've noticed.

That 1,000+lvl item, or whatever it is, that you are longing to steal from another player is probably something you could have been given freely (numerous times over) by other agreeable non-PVPer's just because that's what they do. I say this is a guaranteed reality because I have had so many people generously give to me time and time again with both their in game resources and their time. And that is why I choose to PVL..

PS - I feel I also need to add that there are exceptions to the above. I know of a few clan PVPers out there that regularly help others but, they are an exception to what I see as normative behavior.
david yes your right in that that players who not in pvp are on forum more often.
i want to say that people help each other in pvps too.fighting next to your friend its helping too like helping friend making quest.in quest you have to defeat some monster or bring any item.in pvps ypu got to defeat your enemyif you cant do it solo you call ur friend for help.just like in quests.
i take your words like pvp is totally different thing from everything in ft.
but nop,pvp is normal play style just like quests making griding exploring and etc.
for this thread i think that coloured items should have at least 5% of drop chance.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
justj99

Post by justj99 »

To me, that's like saying you should get a 5% chance to drop my pet and take it... To that, I would say, no way!
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:57 pm
your talking about what you dont know.you dont know what real war means and what it means to get or loose gears in it!
REALLY! You are absolutely certain of that are you!

Do you know what real war means!
I think you confuse REAL WAR with the pixel wars here.
I am not afraid of PvP in a game, pixels don't die, they respawn

You have no idea what I have been through, so do not tell me I'm talking about something that I don't know.

I simply see PvP as a senseless display of violence that spills over from Real Life into a game! Only in real life if you die, you don't get to go home and start over!

Let me ask you this:
Would PvP be fun if the drop rate was: 0.1% and then a 28% chance that you can pick it up IF it's dropped?

And like you: it's all opinions! So let's agree to disagree.

OK, now I'm bored - BYE!
you dont want to understand my words and you are just trying to catch 2 or 3 words from my speech but you ignore what im really talking about.
you knew pretty well that "real war" those words were ment for game and not for real life.and you started talking about pixels dont die but humans do.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Sigo pensando que fue muy mala idea la mejora de equipo con color. Y mucho peor el que no caigan ....
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Definitivamente. FT se convirtió en " pay to win "
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

El.Menda wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:41 pm Definitivamente. FT se convirtió en " pay to win "
FT was already "pay to win" from the moment that players could buy levels on their accounts.
Omnes Autem Uri