upgraded items not dropped in pvp.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Syor

Re: upgraded items not dropped in pvp.

Post by Syor »

I disagree for the reasons already set out above.

I don't love PVP either, I don't join clans for that reason. For the uncontrollable pvp.

But making a hypothesis, if your proposal is accepted, I believe that the sales of this object would decrease, a price decrease would be requested, in short, there will also be problems on the oppst side.

For me it's fine as it is now.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

well...ya pvp is more fun whe you can drop.and i m not sure why youcall free gear which is dropped in pvp.those gears are dropped from fighting and its not dropped just from the air.so its not free.
pvp without reward yes its boring.
and i promise you soon or later this undropable gear rule will be changed!believe me...becouse of soon or later everyone will have coloured items and there willbe no drops in pvps at all. and when this will heppen players will start complain about it.and whenever it will be changed im intresting what you and leone will say to combatant...
your talking about what you dont know.you dont know what real war means and what it means to get or loose gears in it!those feelings make me to play ft more.even loosing makes me play harder to get stronger and have my revange....
nowadays its summer..in summers there always have been big wars but now its nothing heppening and its becouse of items getting recoloured.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

and i have not tryed to convince you in this...becouse i cant.its your opinion.which is wrong for me.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Removing the no drop feature after people have paid money for it or worked hard to get gold for it would be like taking away extra backpacks or extra bank extensions after they were promised to be permanent. Any change now would be a breach of trust between compbatant and the players and would have more adverse effect than someone being upset they can't get easy drops anymore. It's the new normal. If you have to be satiated by drops be assured there are plenty of players who can't afford these protections that can be ravaged, too bad though I guess you will have to work harder then...oh but you want easy predictable drops in PVP don't you and that's what is the problem.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

your talking about what you dont know.you dont know what real war means and what it means to get or loose gears in it!
REALLY! You are absolutely certain of that are you!

Do you know what real war means!
I think you confuse REAL WAR with the pixel wars here.
I am not afraid of PvP in a game, pixels don't die, they respawn

You have no idea what I have been through, so do not tell me I'm talking about something that I don't know.

I simply see PvP as a senseless display of violence that spills over from Real Life into a game! Only in real life if you die, you don't get to go home and start over!

Let me ask you this:
Would PvP be fun if the drop rate was: 0.1% and then a 28% chance that you can pick it up IF it's dropped?

And like you: it's all opinions! So let's agree to disagree.

OK, now I'm bored - BYE!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

RIGHT !

I hope now players understand why i wanna be SK like i was before players crashed me !!!!!!!!
DUKE of SK-Clan
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

cotne7 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:17 am
LostKnight wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:13 pm PVPers have had a free for all for years!

While people that do not PvP, do not like PvP, just want to play the game grinding, mining, crafting and doing quests without having to go through this:
  1. fighting mobs for that 0.1% drop, then
  2. fight another mob for a 1% drop, and then be faced with:
  3. craft the item with a 28% chance of success
  4. failed - start again at 1
    • maybe after 4 or 5 attempts we craft the "gear"
  5. Then 3 PvPer's gang up on you to get your hard earned gear at a 30% drop rate.
    • And if they don't get it first time → they try again!
TRUE STORY:

I used "3 PvPers" above because this is what happened to me.
  1. I was attacked by three PvPers
  2. I logged off
  3. waited a few minutes and logged back on.
  4. they were still there, waiting, and attacked me again
  5. I logged a second time
  6. I walked a low level alt over near the area and had him hunting lions in the desert (Map 1.1)
  7. when I saw they left I logged back on
  8. life line was RED and short - a very close call!
Now convince me that's fair!

They are still on my (i) list, I still see 2 of them around.
1 is in permanent jail.
your saying that its unfair 3 players attacking you and waiting you while you get back on?
i m not sure why its unfair...becouse of 3 vs 1?ok 3 vs 1 is unfair but its game and its pvp.i would help those 3 to kill you tho :D

Camping to kill a playera Who log off break rules. Read It again ( again or do It for first time ....)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

El.Menda wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:15 pm Camping to kill a playera Who log off break rules. Read It again ( again or do It for first time ....)
"camping" is only mentioned twice in Rule 9. The first instance is not related to PvP in a specific way:
This includes spawn-killing, camping and abusing safe zones like shops and private houses.
Although the second instance of 'camping' refers to: "a tactical way for a short time and within a clan fight context" which of course includes pvp and sieging

The only rule that even mentions PvP specifically is in Rule 9 b - Harassment
- and only in such a way it that concerns clans.
- and that rule comes with a warning:
- "Do not report this rule lightly! False reports of this rule may be punished as well."

The three could always say, "We were hunting lions."
Very hard to prove otherwise since PvP is a part of the game it will not be taken seriously if reported.

Hey Peter, Paul and Mary attacked me and then Bob and Carol, Ted and Alice joined in.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ↑↑↑ just joking of course

I accept that PvP is a part of the game.
I play PvL

And (my opinion) if it takes a 0.1% chance to get one part of something and a 1% change to get another then only have a 28% chance to craft that gear - a 30% drop rate after they get to attack me for 11 seconds if I log off is "a steal" if I drop my gear and is the games built in breaking of Rule 9 (Hey it's an opinion - however unpopular)

Maybe a change in code:
Change drop rates: 0.1% or 1%
People NOT in a clan can "PvLog Off" instantly.
- if they so much as take 1 hit back at the attacker ↓↓↓↓↓
People IN a clan have an 11 second log-out wait as it is now.
People fighting mobs have an 11 second log-out wait as it is now.

Most clan people I know today are wearing upgraded gear anyway - because they do not want to drop it.
Surely there is a way the game know if the attack is an enemy or PvP
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

El.Menda wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:15 pm
Camping to kill a playera Who log off break rules. Read It again ( again or do It for first time ....)
Tell this to your ally PowerUp, who camped me and chased me across 4 maps FOR OVER AN HOUR today.
According to his chat, he wanted my 1k gear for his alt, even though all my gear is upgraded and CANNOT DROP.
By your own words, he violated Rule 9, even though I was clanned. By his own actions, he is an idiot who pays attention to nothing. By my reckoning, he will get what he deserves.

The day that upgraded gear changes to PvP-droppable, I quit. I refuse to stress over such a change after spending money on it. I will leave this game, stop helping test, stop making reports. I'll just stand back and watch it all burn.
Omnes Autem Uri
davidjett

Post by davidjett »

Reading this thread has caused me to think on a number of things..

During my on and off time playing over the years I've come away with the following observation. Keep in mind, this is purely my observation and since an observation is only the interpretation of one person and not necessarily representative of a broader audience, my observation my be incorrect but, in either case, here is what I've noticed.

Those that do not participate PVP battles generally seem to be the players that are most active in the forums and most active on Discord. Meaning that when they post on the forums or chats they are doing so to offer advice, help other players, post custom made maps/walkthroughs and engage in meaningful conversations. That said, they are generally pretty agreeable people.

On the other hand, those that do participate in PVP battles regularly only jump into the forums when they wish to complain about something, whine about being jailed for breaking a particular rule, wish to disparage other players or just want to rant about whatever their thorn of the week is.

Also, based on that above. I've found that non-PVPers tend to be a pretty selfless people that are willing to give of their time to assist fellow players by helping them with quests, items or leveling up. Whereas PVPers tend to be more selfish with their time, resources and game play. (Keep in mind, I'm not advocating for or against either of the styles of gameplay, it's a game and play however you wish and in whatever way brings you joy.)

Again. These are just MY impressions and I may be completely off base BUT I will say one thing that is a guaranteed reality.

That 1,000+lvl item, or whatever it is, that you are longing to steal from another player is probably something you could have been given freely (numerous times over) by other agreeable non-PVPer's just because that's what they do. I say this is a guaranteed reality because I have had so many people generously give to me time and time again with both their in game resources and their time. And that is why I choose to PVL..

PS - I feel I also need to add that there are exceptions to the above. I know of a few clan PVPers out there that regularly help others but, they are an exception to what I see as normative behavior.
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis