PVP Protection - Autobill?

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

davidjett

PVP Protection - Autobill?

Post by davidjett »

So.. There has been a lot of talk recently about PVP protection etc. etc..

Compbatant, how hard is it to setup an auto-bill service? Currently, it costs $1.50(US Dollar) for 7 days of PVP protection. How about offering a monthly service plan that auto rebills PVP protection for the month at $5.00 a month? That would be a savings of $1 every four weeks and give an incentive to get non-PVP players setup on auto-bill. I believe this could generate additional income as there are weeks that I forget to purchase protection and when that week is over that is revenue that could be potentially lost on the backend.

As far as how it would work, I see it no differently than current 7 day PVP protection. You are protected unless you "initiate" a PVP battle. If you initiate then you lose protection for the remainder of the month with no refund and can expect PVP protection to be restored at next billing cycle?

I would think all that above could be accomplished with very little manual effort and coded on the back end.
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis
SellSword

Re: PVP Protection - Autobill?

Post by SellSword »

I don't see any real downside to that as it would be a voluntary deal.

Don't want to buy it for whatever reason? Don't buy it.

Want to buy just the regular protection? Buy that instead.

Sure, there would be a few things to work out. Losing protection as mentioned, renewal notices, cancellation, etc. All things that could be ironed out well enough.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

What i can see is that atm the CLAN-Playstyle dominates this game. That makes a PvP-Protection USELESS atm.
DUKE of SK-Clan
davidjett

Post by davidjett »

Explain SK? Useless how? I purchase 7 day protection on the regular and have experienced no issues.
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I know a lot of people that are not in a clan that play.

And just because someone is in a clan it doesn't mean they cannot attack someone not in a clan.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I think I would prefer a one month pvp protection as an item than autobill. I think the player should be responsible for keeping track of it's duration as for some it is an important part of their gaming. Also an item rather than autobill would allow players without a way to purchase or have autobill have access to it. I continue to contend whatever is added to the game should be possible to get for all players rich or poor in real finances. It's a matter of equity and respect. I have many game friends without access to any buying off Google play and are dependent upon working hard in game to afford the current rate of exchange of game gold for real money items. I have no problem with a new one month item but disagree with it offered only through autobill.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If there was something like a 30-day PvP protection item for around $5 or so I think that would be good. It's like buying something in bulk at the store where it costs more up front but the longer duration gives you better value. And nothing would need to change for the existing option either.

As for people not wanting it because of clans they sure don't need to buy it. PvP protection has been available for years so nothing at all would change as far as the game goes.

Bundle items could be another thread.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Post by Syor »

I like this idea.

We now have levels available, and the more you buy the more you save.
Obviously with a lower cost, other players will also be tempted to buy a monthly protection, so I suppose there will be a slight increase in the consumers of this article.
And this will not appeal to pvp players, who already don't like non-drop gear.

However if losing a week's pvp protection is passable, losing a monthly protection will have more problems.

In short, a week passes immediately, a month is longer and more expensive.
Perhaps we need to revise the rule of "losing protection" in the case of 1 month.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Leone

Post by Leone »

Sounds good to me.

Automatic subscription or item in your backpack? I prefer the latter rather than the former, for the reasons Gull outlines above.

As for Syor's point - I do not believe the existing rule about losing pvp protection should be altered just because the period of time is longer. It is about a player taking responsibility for their actions ingame.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

Enemy List still exists.
DUKE of SK-Clan