Different skins for pets

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Bloblin

Different skins for pets

Post by Bloblin »

Option of a couple different skins for pets ? Not really skins, but more color and size variations... Not entirely different creatures
Last edited by Bloblin on Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing stronger than a broken man who has rebuilt himself"
DerKing

Re: Different skins for pets

Post by DerKing »

That is a nice idea. Maybe not skins, but different pets but with the same stats. So you can choose between 5 or 10 different monsters, but all have the same stats and level.
I think it would look nicer with a lot of players. Instead of the same 5 pets you have 25 different ones.
Leone

Post by Leone »

You buy worms at 820 and they should look like worms. Not dragons or fairies or anything else.

It will create greater, and pointless GM investigation, if someone complains when a lvl 380 fairy has the skin of a lvl 1 skeleton. Think about the damage caused by both.

Let's keep as we are.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:32 am You buy worms at 820 and they should look like worms. Not dragons or fairies or anything else.

It will create greater, and pointless GM investigation, if someone complains when a lvl 380 fairy has the skin of a lvl 1 skeleton. Think about the damage caused by both.

Let's keep as we are.
I concur.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

As just a player I might worry more about someone else's pets too. If I'm leaving my house near the platinum and I see someone mining with blood fairies I'm not overly worried about spawning a devil on the way out and having it go towards his pets. If I see someone mining with a pair of boss dragons I know those would die so I'll make sure to kill any devil on my way out.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Post by Syor »

I don't think it's a useful improvement.

Better to change color of the pet
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

This reminds me of the conversation when purchasable premium skins came out for players. My only objection then was it obscured what class a player was which at times (like pvp encounter) might be nice to know.

The idea of color change seems reasonable or perhaps skins available by class and more importantly by range of pet level. It's the stats that are more the feature of each pet we want not if it looks a certain way. I remember as a new player thinking yuck I don't want ugly worms as pets give me something cool that I can be proud of! :lol: But I got over it...but if an option in that range were available like praying mantis or a pulsating blob I might have gone for that. :) I don't think it's a bad idea but would have to be specific enough that the range of the pet could be determined by it's skin. The cost is another consideration too I would want it included in the pet choice option, unless it was a rather long use pet I am not sure players would pay the additional charge. But I was surprised how popular premium skins became.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Some people might want to hide that they are taking ogre halflings to dangerous places! :lol:
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:11 pm Some people might want to hide that they are taking ogre halflings to dangerous places! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: just to avoid the :oops:
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.