NPCs

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SK1976

NPCs

Post by SK1976 »

why NPCs not have a static place (Why they spawning on unknown position) ?
DUKE of SK-Clan
SellSword

Re: NPCs

Post by SellSword »

There are two types of NPCs.

Someone else can better explain the difference between those, but I suppose it doesn't really matter. That is why NPCs such as the miners in Ardesia are always in the same place and an NPC like the beekeeper in Kedington moves around.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
DerKing

Post by DerKing »

There are NPC's and Quest Entities.
A Quest Entity is locked in place and will always be there.
A NPC is placed in a "chunk" of the map and spawns the same way as monsters. They will only appear if you enter the chunk they are in. Sometimes you have to finish a quest for them to appear.
Leone

Post by Leone »

The only movable NPCs I can think of offhand that have caused annoyance have been the guard top right of the human/orc map and the innkeeper or cook on the map above silverwood, who sometimes spawns inside a wall you can't enter.

Either way, leave the map and return and they should have moved again to a reachable location.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

I opened that threat, because the NPCs sometimes spawning not on that point where they should, and players have to walk around in maybe a danger area with pets.
Sometimes players let that quest, because they not want to walk around any longer, or many think there is no NPC because he not spawns. If
per example only: if i go to the mercanary its sometimes that i run around minutes till he is spawning in the whole castle. That is a quest NPC, and i not understand why he can not be static, like all others too ?!
Why they need to be spawned like monsters. Monsters still spawning allways, but NPC not, and yes, if sometimes a non static NPC spawns he is bugged into anything, or not reachable.
I think everyone know what i mean. It is hard for me to explain what i mean in english language, because i am german :(
If someone can better explain like me, it would nice to help me to explain. In my opinion, its a better idea for fun, to make ALL NPCs static ! That means...allways on the place where he should be. That makes all much more easier i think.

Greetings...SK :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
generous11

Post by generous11 »

yes the mercenary leader should be fixed in 1 position as well as the king's garden daily mage. they are annoying and the mage just somtimes spawns at the door and i am using joystick. not good...
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I've had to spawn the mercenary and daily mage like everyone else. Honestly, maybe one or two circles around the very small room and they show up. It's a bit of an exaggeration to say it is difficult to do or that it takes minutes to do that.

On the coding end it isn't really an option now to change all of the NPCs either.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.