PvP Duel

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

lonedark56

PvP Duel

Post by lonedark56 »

So I wanted to create this post as I have a seen a lot of players get killed by players when they are surrounded by mobs. So I wanted to propose something.
PVP Duel System.
When someone wants to PvP someone the other party will get a msg saying Player"Name" is preparing to PvP you. The battle will begin in 3 Seconds.
It will allow the targeted party to have some awareness that a player wants to PvP them.
This is just my opinion though.
Feel Free To Share Your Views.
Best Regards.
Lone
Detachment isn't not owning anything, its having everything yet not letting them own you.
SellSword

Re: PvP Duel

Post by SellSword »

I've seen the comments before about PvP being different from PK. If players want to fight they can line it up and you'll even see such discussions at spawn or such. Off they go and have a dual.

That is far different from someone who randomly attacks a player. They don't want a dual (most of the time I'd say) but just want to kill the other player.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

lonedark56 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:59 am So I wanted to create this post as I have a seen a lot of players get killed by players when they are surrounded by mobs. So I wanted to propose something.
PVP Duel System.
When someone wants to PvP someone the other party will get a msg saying Player"Name" is preparing to PvP you. The battle will begin in 3 Seconds.
It will allow the targeted party to have some awareness that a player wants to PvP them.
Best Regards.
Lone
IF you are fighting a mob it's 11 seconds to log off ... so:
1 - 2 second to read warning
LOG OFF:
2 or 1 seconds of mob killing you
9 or 10 seconds of Mob and PvPer killing you

Which is better than the 1 or 2 seconds response time to Log Off after seeing: "You are attacked by ...." I suppose

It's not that the player "wants to PvP you", that's more like asking IF you want to PvP, it's a 3 second warning that he has initiated the PvP.

How about the pop up box says:

Code: Select all

Player Xxxx has targeted you for PvP
         Accept or not?
You are in a mob ... it's an unfair PvP action. X out and he cannot attack!

I am not a PvPer!
To quote you:
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
lonedark56

Post by lonedark56 »

A Good idea knight but then again players might not like it.
PKers might hate it.
My Opinion only.
So don't take for it granted.
As for whether you are a PVPer or not I don't care.
Everyone's free to share their views PVPer or Pvpnot.
This was for those who like taking advantage of a player being surrounded by mobs I would say, they do it like they are a professional actually.
Just had a mage friend of mine who was grinding green Vlad's get stunned and as he was surrounded by mobs he was killed.
Funny thing is the swordsman was lvl 190+.
Detachment isn't not owning anything, its having everything yet not letting them own you.