targeting sieges.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

cotne7

targeting sieges.

Post by cotne7 »

is it possible to add system in game where player will be able to target the siege as well?this will solve the problem of blocking ways with sieges...
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
SellSword

Re: targeting sieges.

Post by SellSword »

I don't see why not myself. They aren't "pets" in the regular sense within the game. It could even be set up somehow where they could only be targeted on clan maps.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

SellSword wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:04 pm I don't see why not myself. They aren't "pets" in the regular sense within the game. It could even be set up somehow where they could only be targeted on clan maps.
I like Cotne's suggestion, but your addition makes it quite viable, in my opinion.
Omnes Autem Uri
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

+1
I support this idea. I can't count how many times people have used Siege as a decoy. Strategically positioning themselves to where I can only hit their Siege and not them or vice versa. Plus there's also plenty of times where people use the siege to block pathways. Sieges are unique unlike other pets you can whip to move out of the way. So basically if you can't target the person the Siege becomes a invincible blockade and I think that's wrong. That is certainly not what sieges are meant for in other similar games like Forgotten Tales :roll:
Just because you can't Target a player shouldn't make their Siege invincible....nothing should be invincible
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

as i remember there was an abuse by setting walls in the way.
Is it not the same if u place sieges in the way ?

For setting walls in the way i once got a punishment of 14+ days in jail !

A wall or a siege....is it not the same ?

Both can be used to stop players to walk through a way !

Than the punishment should be the same, or not ?

I hope i explained it right and all understand what i mean.
DUKE of SK-Clan
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Check the language of rules 9 and 14 for the difference there.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

WHAT ?
DUKE of SK-Clan
justj99

Post by justj99 »

He's referring to this part of rule 9, I think:

"If blocking, camping, and possibly other actions are performed in a tactical way for a short time and within a clan fight context, they might be allowed."
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

please a link to that rule here :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Here is the rule...

Rule 9.
Reducing game-playing experience of others!
Read this rule (click "Show") -->: Hide
If you abuse the sell button, if you send tons of messages to others, abuse the chat in any way (including spamming), if you block bridges/entrances by placing characters or pets in front, if you block spawn or do anything else to annoy other players, you will get punished. This includes spawn-killing, camping and abusing safe zones like shops and private houses. This rule also includes spam selling - selling items for any amount to a player without first asking or agreeing on a trade, especially if the requested price is very high. If blocking, camping, and possibly other actions are performed in a tactical way for a short time and within a clan fight context, they might be allowed. The staff team will first warn you and add you to an internal warning list. Then, you get kicked for a certain time or become an outlaw, so everybody can attack you. If a player is caught doing this (purposely or accidentally, either at the time or afterwards through checking game logs) they may have pets, gold, or even XP removed as a penalty for reducing the game enjoyment of others. If you face a player, who breaks the rules - do not feed the troll. If someone acts in an inappropriate manner, leave the situation and contact our staff team. We will take care of it!
Retired