ARCHERS....THE COWARDS!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: ARCHERS....THE COWARDS!

Post by Leone »

Secular wrote:Yes, I don't think it's quite fair that mages have an unlimited slow ability. I think that the slow spell should be altered into a slow skill - melee characters are still sitting targets, even with the speed potion.
They get stacked with slow spells, and are rendered useless again.

I tinink melee characters should have a stun attack, not a freezing one, so the thawing potions prove ineffective. :lol:

Another fix is, instead of giving melee characters range-8 all the time in PvP, and completely stripping them of their true class meaning, instead, we could give the stun/freeze attack a range-8 and once the skill wears off you're back to range-1.
The trouble is that this would only be effective for a few seconds. Ranged characters have the upper hand in pvp all of the time - even without the freeze arrow/slow spell benefits. I take on board your earlier comment about the true meaning of melee class, but don't forget- ranged weapons are available for melee classes in other rpg games. Think of the mighty Baldurs Gate for example. I think the only solution is ranged weapons for melee players.

great debate though. Pleased this is a high profile topic.
Secular

Post by Secular »

Leone wrote:but don't forget- ranged weapons are available for melee classes in other rpg games. Think of the mighty Baldurs Gate for example. I think the only solution is ranged weapons for melee players.
I love you for this reference. :D
I think I'll have to cave-in, and accept this as the only possible solution.

Swordsmen --> Throwing lance animation in PvP
Dwarves --> Throwing axe animation in PvP
Ogre --> Throwing rock/boulder (maybe a sling instead?) animation in PvP

Then, as someone mentioned previously, 1-range in PvM.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
Elia

Post by Elia »

Secular wrote:
Leone wrote:but don't forget- ranged weapons are available for melee classes in other rpg games. Think of the mighty Baldurs Gate for example. I think the only solution is ranged weapons for melee players.
I love you for this reference. :D
I think I'll have to cave-in, and accept this as the only possible solution.

Swordsmen --> Throwing lance animation in PvP
Dwarves --> Throwing axe animation in PvP
Ogre --> Throwing rock/boulder (maybe a sling instead?) animation in PvP

Then, as someone mentioned previously, 1-range in PvM.
That would be fun. The days of mages are numbered, I guess. :D
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

ahhh... what a great game :)... I still say a "charge" or "lunge" skill which immediately places you (and keeps you via "auto-follow") next to your target when used would be a huge step while still maintaining uniqueness of class. I will admit though, your reference to Baldurs Gate is pretty powerful ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

blitzcraig wrote:ahhh... what a great game :)... I still say a "charge" or "lunge" skill which immediately places you (and keeps you via "auto-follow") next to your target when used would be a huge step while still maintaining uniqueness of class. I will admit though, your reference to Baldurs Gate is pretty powerful ;)
I am more in favour of this too for class faithfulness. Or the idea of making ranged chars take charge time for focus and aim. But in any event, if the pvp system is made balanced I would be much happier.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

you can't just ball and chain the strong ones...you have to strengthen the weak ones
Varg

Post by Varg »

I'm really happy for your replies,your ideas,your suggestions and thank you all very much about that...it was a serious matter...it remains a serious matter...have trust in mods ...they really care about the game...i hope we ll soon get into a new era of fair PvP in game!
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

would be nice.
Elia

Post by Elia »

You can't hit a fleeing enemy even if you had plenty of speed potions down your throat. In that you need to stop to deliver a blow and in that moment, the enemy leaves you far behind. Speed potions are not meant for pvp. I think they can only assist in retreating.
Secular

Post by Secular »

Elia wrote:You can't hit a fleeing enemy even if you had plenty of speed potions down your throat. In that you need to stop to deliver a blow and in that moment, the enemy leaves you far behind. Speed potions are not meant for pvp. I think they can only assist in retreating.
The idea is to run past them, cut their character's movement off, and land a freezing blow.
It is rather tricky, you have to be swift.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer