PvP and bad behavior!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

menephous

PvP and bad behavior!

Post by menephous »

I have read over and over again in the forum that no one is going to get rid of PvP or even offer an opt out option! Well my level 23 archer was just asked by another player to hit them once to check their armor, I complied then this level 44 archer proceeded to kill me. When I got back to the map I called him out on it cause it was a douche move, and he proceeds to claim that I killed his level 1 swordman earlier today. I don't attack people and I couldn't have killed a level 1 unless they attacked first in which I would have walked away, besides the fact that I haven't been able to log in since last night as there have been server issues. Then he suggested that I was the instigator and that he had asked someone else to test his armor, well the text was green so it was a private message sent to me. Now either this person is completely incompetent or they like tricking low levels so they can kill them, either way there needs must be a better system in place to punish bad behavior and safeguard those who do not want to PvP, period! Those of us that dislike PvP shouldn't have to suffer from it because others like it, I imagine its easier to like when you have the chops to win more often than just die and loose stuff and exp! I believe that the game dynamics should reward good behavior and actively discourage discourage bad behavior. For instance, if you help a lower level by assisting them with quests or giving them items and gear to improve their lot then you should gain exp or even a decorative aura or both, and if you kill then you should suffer more than just outlaw, especially since many actually like being outlawed, perhaps in addition to outlaw you also receive no exp or loot while outlawed or even longer, or a reduction in stats or damage while outlawed. As things stand now if you ask most players, the game is not tilted in favor of fairness or honorable behavior, and if you say life isn't fair, your right, that's why we have the concepts of law, order, justice and the social contract, so let's have a little effort given to level the field for everyone not just for those with a credit card or an apatite for making others miserable of which there are a distinct number who love PvP!
blitzcraig

Re: PvP and bad behavior!

Post by blitzcraig »

I think when you kill an outlaw you should receive 20% of their gold as a bounty :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Impeccably worded...and so damn true.
yes....yes....decorative aura....I love it

hmm....20percent.....I reckon I'd think twice about becoming an outlaw if that was the penalty. but you'd have to make outlawing fairer before doing that. i.e. no untargetting to reflect outlaw penalty back on defender.

perhaps.....add a 15 Percent chance of becoming outlawed on third kill and 35percent on 4th kill and fifth kill automatic outlaw....
I like the idea of karma.

or.....we could just have a PvP request button
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Yeah there are some out there who try to trick you into pvp. There should be a help thread for beginners warning them of this I think. Here are a few I have encountered:

ATTACK ME (TEST MY ARMOR): usually done by higher level chars, trying to get you to instigate a fight.

WHATS YOUR STATS: this is usually someone lower level. Or anyone in range. They are sizing you up for a fight. DEX is the key stat here. Don't tell anyone except those you trust what your stats are.

RANDOM FRIEND REQUEST: I don't like advising against making friends. There are a lot of good people out there. However, some sneaky people use alts to track targets for their player killer character. So even if this guy asking to be your friend is no threat, he/she may have another who is looking to kill you.

Also, beware of players (lower level included) that hang around while you kill monsters, especially if they aren't killing any. They may be waiting until you get weak for a sneak attack. Try to always keep a few potions handy as you never know when some sneaky bugger will come along.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

blitzcraig wrote:I think when you kill an outlaw you should receive 20% of their gold as a bounty :)
yes yes I totally like this idea! yummy is the blood of an outlaw :lol:
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

David, GREAT point, we'd have to fix some outlaw "tricks" first

madM, very, very good advice :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

I'll give you 100mio gold if you attack me.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

I only ever killed.an outlaw once.....because I was in a bad mood doing the walk of shame back to where I was after being killed by some jerk and then I seen a level 6outlaw.....I honestly couldn't stop myself if you'd paid me.....and sweet was.his blood.....seriously though....if u get outlawed at that level ure asking for it...
I'd kill more outlaws if there was definitely no way they'd been outlawed.in error......I'd be a vigilante......
regularly.

BTW....thanks Blitzcraig
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

blitzcraig wrote: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:48 am I think when you kill an outlaw you should receive 20% of their gold as a bounty :)
You are awesome blitz, but I'm just quoting you to bump the post and suggestion! :D
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

This idea does NOT WORK nowadays, when many players walk around with billions of gold - fancy losing hundreds of millions of gold each time you're killed as an outlaw :roll: Seems fair enough to me as it is already, and I say that as a non-outlawed person who has been outlawed numerous times, and lost gears because of it. DISAGREE. Too much stigma towards black names.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]