The melee players...talked!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Re: The melee players...talked!

Post by MadMikael »

blitzcraig wrote:very well said! I think the immediate death is probably too much, but the idea is great. perhaps while moving you do not get benefit of Dex or Arm against melee? ... lots of work to implement, but worth looking into maybe.

The longer log off time has been mentioned before, but great to bring it back up... I'd push for even longer time than 14 seconds (also, maybe different for attacker? .. if you initiate attack, your character cannot be logged off for 1 minute from that point? )

The friends to the rescue idea is spectacular, and shouldn't be too hard to implement.

the others all good too (still most important IMO is melee being able to engage via auto follow, lunge, or other and next most important is "rule of revenge" or "enemies list"

anyway, thank you for a really good post :)
I agree with all of what blitzcraig said, but have an issue with the disconnect idea. I myself suffer from many disconnects as I play. Already I avoid pvp for this reason. If it were lengthened, I would likely not want pvp at all. I hope that it doesn't translate to pvm as well, as I still take damage under current settings. This could potentially be a game-ender for me if not implemented well.
Last edited by MadMikael on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

that's a really good point, I'd think pvp only... still have some genuine disconnects, but few I think
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
saab

Post by saab »

Yes, my suggestion for longer logout delay is only for PvP, and only for the attacker. To make it more risky for attacking someone.

I think that it might be possible to make difference between intentional logout (the client app could send a logout signal upon logging out) and network disconnection, when obviously no such signal is sent. However, this still could be get around by manually disconnecting your device/router.

I also understand the problem of making difference between the attacker and defender. The present game mechanics allow to attacck someone and after a single hit stop the attack. When the defender fights back, he might become the attacker, and even can be outlawed when killing the offender. As I know, it's a known problem and work is in progress to correct it.
Muad'Dib - lvl 185 mage
Duncan Idaho - lvl 140 swordsman
Jethro Tull - lvl 130 archer
Hungarian translator
jimknight92

Post by jimknight92 »

Yes, I agree with this auto lunge attack, maybe for melee classes only if you're attacked by somebody else first, give melee an automatic +3 walking speed and 50% slow immune? Or maybe a lunge were you charge right into attack range even if slowed, these would even things a bit
All the old knives that have rusted in my back, I drive into yours.
Leone

Post by Leone »

jimknight92 wrote:Yes, I agree with this auto lunge attack, maybe for melee classes only if you're attacked by somebody else first, give melee an automatic +3 walking speed and 50% slow immune? Or maybe a lunge were you charge right into attack range even if slowed, these would even things a bit
Once again I'm pleased to see this issue being discussed and kept alive. Unfortunately, I think these ideas just scratch the surface of the problem. For example, the lunge attack sounds promising, but would give one attack only. Then the ranged player will run away/fired ranged weapon/run away/fire ranged weapon and so on.

I share the growing sense of frustration felt by melee players who have *much* lower ranged players literally running rings around them. You know my feelings on this by now to give equality in PvP combat. Melee classes to have ranged weapons in PvP but stay with their melee weapons only during PvM.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

this idea has been brought up a bit, but never I've never really seen it developed at all, so here goes...VERY easy to implement, and would solve the "much lower level running circles around melee player" issue: three new game items - BOULDER (club type for ogre), DWARVEN THROWER (axe for dwarf), THROWING KNIFE (sword for swordsman) ... all three have damage =1, range =6, level =10. ... you wouldn't use it often (because no damage/ attribute bonus) but when that level 20 mage/archer started bugging you, you wouldn't have to actually touch him to score a couple hits and kill him with your much higher str/dex. ... admittedly, this does very little for same level pvp, but would help there a bit... best part is it is super easy to add to game :) ... what do you all think?
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

blitzcraig wrote:.. admittedly, this does very little for same level pvp
key phrase there Blitz mate. Sorry, but it won't help. We need equality in pvp.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I still think the lunge/charge with autofollow is the best idea for pvp. I believe it was blitzcraig's idea.

blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I totally agree with you both here... to be clear, I wasn't suggesting this as the "end-fix" but rather something I think would help immensely and could be easily implemented in one day. It does not get us to perfect by any means, but since I don't have a lot of melee pvp experience I am just asking who thinks this is worth doing while we keep working toward that perfect balance (because that isn't easy to implement, and cannot happen in a day) .. anyway, just wanted to clear that up since it kinda sounded like I was saying this was the final answer ;) ... keep giving input on this idea or others on the topic :)
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

As a quick fix, it would stop that cowardly archer from harassing me. He's 40+ levels below me and thinks hes funny. I will get him eventually though.