The melee players...talked!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: The melee players...talked!

Post by Leone »

Quick fix is ok but then it's a sticking plaster over a wound. I'm worried that you say it can be done in a day and then this issue will be swept under the carpet. Why not go for it and sort the melee pvp issue out once and for all?

BUT...a big thank you for giving this debate much needed exposure.

Madmikael -you'll get your revenge on him mate! Again and again and again.
zapstrap

Post by zapstrap »

Varg wrote:yeah ok from distance...there's no other way...just by clickin on skill...actually we swordmen have a stun or it acts like stun....the "freeze sword" ....but it's getting active O-N-L-Y if we managed to hit the coward chickens that run away!!! :x
I took a three month break hoping the melee issue would get resolved. We need a ranged weapon or a usable "freeze sword". As stated above the freeze sword is almost impossible to use in real combat. I suggested making the freeze sword a ranged skill that temporarily stuns a targeted opponent.
Leone

Post by Leone »

zapstrap wrote:
Varg wrote:yeah ok from distance...there's no other way...just by clickin on skill...actually we swordmen have a stun or it acts like stun....the "freeze sword" ....but it's getting active O-N-L-Y if we managed to hit the coward chickens that run away!!! :x
I took a three month break hoping the melee issue would get resolved. We need a ranged weapon or a usable "freeze sword". As stated above the freeze sword is almost impossible to use in real combat. I suggested making the freeze sword a ranged skill that temporarily stuns a targeted opponent.
Zap - it's the 'temporarily' bit that worries me. There would be a 10/20/whatever second attack following the stun and then the ranged player would hit and run. This is not a solution.

3mths away is long enough! Welcome back?
Secular

Post by Secular »

An easy solution is, if a melee players attacks you - you're speed is reduced by -2 / -3.
This would balance things out greatly.

Not only this, but melee class skills are lacking significantly and I think they can be improved greatly to make up for their 1-range and slow walk/run speed.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
Elia

Post by Elia »

Secular wrote:An easy solution is, if a melee players attacks you - you're speed is reduced by -2 / -3.
This would balance things out greatly.

Not only this, but melee class skills are lacking significantly and I think they can be improved greatly to make up for their 1-range and slow walk/run speed.
Yes, this a very good suggestion. Hope gets implemented.
Draconous

Post by Draconous »

Here is an idea on how to deal with the bushwacking PVP punks who attack near grinding areas. As soon as you are attacked sign out, sign in an alt. run around and lots of monsters to chase you and run right by the punk then circle around and do it again and again until 1 they leave or 2 the monsters kill them. Punk punished.
"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking which created them." Albert Einstien
leow448

Post by leow448 »

Don't you guys know there is a speed potion on top right map where the yellow archer you guys lvling there for long time? It is very useful potion to keep up to 2 classes:mage and archers also the speed potion only last a short while
Elia

Post by Elia »

blitzcraig wrote:this idea has been brought up a bit, but never I've never really seen it developed at all, so here goes...VERY easy to implement, and would solve the "much lower level running circles around melee player" issue: three new game items - BOULDER (club type for ogre), DWARVEN THROWER (axe for dwarf), THROWING KNIFE (sword for swordsman) ... all three have damage =1, range =6, level =10. ... you wouldn't use it often (because no damage/ attribute bonus) but when that level 20 mage/archer started bugging you, you wouldn't have to actually touch him to score a couple hits and kill him with your much higher str/dex. ... admittedly, this does very little for same level pvp, but would help there a bit... best part is it is super easy to add to game :) ... what do you all think?
SIR, Where is my THROWING KNIFE? :) i HAVE BEEN ATTACKED FOR MILLENNIA BY LOW LEVEL DIRTY MAGES! I RUN LIKE A COWARD HERE, THERE, AND EVERYWHERE TO AVOID THEIR SPELLS! COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, i HAVE DIVORCED MY KNIGHT! :(
Varg

Post by Varg »

Elia ...be patient...better days will come...i hope.....just keep training your swordsman...don't leave him...
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I have found that in pvp, a sole swordsman is a sitting duck. However, in party formations, swordsmen (and other melee) are very useful. They keep the pressure on opponents and help share the damage from mages spells.

If you wish to be a solo player, at the moment melee is not the way to go. But some clans travel in groups, and it may be safer that way. Unless, of course, you run into Lucifer...
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711