The melee players...talked!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Varg

The melee players...talked!

Post by Varg »

...the mods listened....lets hope for a new era of fair PvP...for a fair war-game...an era that cowards and annoying will realise what really a fighter means...greetings from Greece!
Elia

Re: The melee players...talked!

Post by Elia »

Varg wrote:...the mods listened....lets hope for a new era of fair PvP...for a fair war-game...an era that cowards and annoying will realise what really a fighter means...greetings from Greece!
Yes, I am too much disappointed of my Knight. I might fire him if I don't get fair PvP play. Is this PvP to hit and run like a kid? LOL They hit and then also laugh at us. I am really in a very bad mood. Was much annoyed. Have nearly killed an innocent outlaw mage due to extreme frustration. It's not only my story, It is not an exceptional case, contrarily, it is the Forgotten Tale of all knights who are hit and ridiculed. Please give us range attack by default in PvP only. A BIG THANKS FROM ALL KNIGHTS!
Varg

Post by Varg »

range attack? why become like them?? a stun or something like stun would be great to taste our swords,axes,clubs to their crappy heads...it will take seconds...especially for mages cause they are weak...plz mods...give us a stun...A STUN! :D :D
Elia

Post by Elia »

Varg wrote:range attack? why become like them?? a stun or something like stun would be great to taste our swords,axes,clubs to their crappy heads...it will take seconds...especially for mages cause they are weak...plz mods...give us a stun...A STUN! :D :D
And how would you deliver that STUN? :)
Varg

Post by Varg »

yeah ok from distance...there's no other way...just by clickin on skill...actually we swordmen have a stun or it acts like stun....the "freeze sword" ....but it's getting active O-N-L-Y if we managed to hit the coward chickens that run away!!! :x
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I don't really care for the range attack either. I was more in favour of the charge, lunge or dash...

Melee chars are masters of weaponry, so it is feasible that they could throw weapons if necessary. But I had another thought: how about a whip?

Would it not be cool if you could lash a whip at a laughing ranged character, perhaps even grabbing hold of their limbs and pulling them closer? Hahahaha it would be great, and still retain the respect of a melee weapon.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
pablomosca

Post by pablomosca »

I agree. I keep getting attacked by lower level users running from me and i can't do anything. Very annoying
Draconous

Post by Draconous »

How about a "war cry" skill for PVP. That range and intensity would increase with the warriors level.
"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking which created them." Albert Einstien
saab

Post by saab »

(Shouldn't this topic be moved to somewhere else, like suggestions?)

I agree with all the previous comments here. These lower-level cowards are getting to be really annoying. I suffered in the last days a lot from them. Maybe it is spring break and all the mentally challenged kids are online in the evening when I usually play?

I'm lvl 96 and it takes minutes for two lvl~70 + lvl~30 archers to kill me, even when I remove all my armour, because I dont want to loose them. I gave up fighting back, because its pointless with the current game mechanics. I can only hope that one day they will get outlawed and then i can take revenge with my mage.

Now I summarize my suggestions for improving PvP chances for melee characters. Most of these were already written down by many of us in many forums, but it's still important to say them again and again until the necessary improvement is achieved. Anyways, i marked with (NEW) those which I have not heard from others before.

- (NEW) Turning your back to a melee player should be extremely dangerous: you just don't do that. Anyone running away from a meelee player shoud receive 1-2 critical hits before getting out of hit range. I can also imagine a chance of about ~20% of immediate death in such a situation, regardless of the level of the characters. However this feature could also be abused, so the idea of the immediate death might require further sophistication.

- (NEW) Friends for the rescue: Imagine that you are just hanging around on a map with friends nearby when you're attacked by someone. This should be more dangerous for the offender, because he or she cannot know who are willing to help you in the fight. So if you are attacked (the other player initiated the fight - its important!), your friends should also be able to fight the offender back without level limitations, and should also be able to continue the fight after the offender stopped the attack. It doesn't seem to be difficult to implement in the game.

- (NEW) longer time in game after logoff for the offender: maybe twice as much as now: 14s for the one who initiated the fight. Also to make an attack on a high-lvl character more risky. Cowardry should not be supported. Very easy to implement.

- Auto following the enemy: its simply impossible to move up next to an archer or mage enemy using the touchscreen on my tablet to be able to hit them at least one single time. Auto following is implemented in the offline game, so it should be easy to put the same into the MMORPG.

- Delay before and after ranged attack: it obviously requires time of concentration before attacking by bow or spell, thus, a 2-3 s delay before the first hit should be required. Probably a delay after the last hit and befor the running could also be required, as bows/scrolls should be packed before movement. It's also easy to implement and makes hit'n run tactics less effective.

- Rule of revenge (see one of my previous posts) or enemy list (see a previous post of blitzcraig): The most annoying is that you keep being attacked by low-level chars who most probably cannot kill you within any reasonable time, but as soon as they stop attacking you, you cannot fight back. It should be changed. If you were attacked by someone and you received a considerable amount of damage, you should be able to fight back for some time after the attack ended. The time span for the revenge can be a matter of consideration but 1 hr to several days seems to be correct. Could also depend on the fraction of damage compared to your full HP.

I think that most of these are very easy to implement in the game, and something should be done urgently about this problem.
Muad'Dib - lvl 185 mage
Duncan Idaho - lvl 140 swordsman
Jethro Tull - lvl 130 archer
Hungarian translator
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

very well said! I think the immediate death is probably too much, but the idea is great. perhaps while moving you do not get benefit of Dex or Arm against melee? ... lots of work to implement, but worth looking into maybe.

The longer log off time has been mentioned before, but great to bring it back up... I'd push for even longer time than 14 seconds (also, maybe different for attacker? .. if you initiate attack, your character cannot be logged off for 1 minute from that point? )

The friends to the rescue idea is spectacular, and shouldn't be too hard to implement.

the others all good too (still most important IMO is melee being able to engage via auto follow, lunge, or other and next most important is "rule of revenge" or "enemies list"

anyway, thank you for a really good post :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏