Problem Analysis & Solution: Clan Buildings

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Baba Yaga

Problem Analysis & Solution: Clan Buildings

Post by Baba Yaga »

Ok...so I know this has been mentioned in previous posts, but I don't think I've seen a post dedicated to this solution I'm proposing. I won't take full credit, again because I've seen ideas like this in several other reactions to the new upgrade...but here goes...

The Real Problem: I think what I'm reading and feeling from players (especially clans that already had towers castles & farms) is that the towers and castles do not auto attack people within their range. This leads to what I have boiled down to "The Real Problem":

Inability to create a defensible "camp". Prior to the update, it was possible to create a well defended camp that could keep enemies out, while offering protection within. This manifests itself in three different areas or sub-problems:

1) The protection offered would offer lower level clan members a "safe" zone away from shops where they could play and potentially level without being hunted by high level players.

2) The idea of a defended camp also allowed for farms to be created and utilized to gain gold for clan.

3) Keeping enemies from building within your "camp". This was a strategy that has been brilliantly used in the past to fight against another clan. The idea that a camp could be breached and the space "stolen" by the enemy is a great pvp tactic. The idea of a defended camp prevents this from happening.

Potential Solution (Part I):

Clan Towers and Castles will not attack unless attacked OR, unless a member of the clan is attacked and the attacking player is in range of a tower or castle. This means that if a player wanders inside of an opposing clan's camp and attacks a farm, all towers and castles within range will attack the player.

The Rationale:

The implementation of this solution will keep the integrity of the new update by not changing how buildings are now created (stone, planks, etc. vs just gold). It also allows players to play on the clan map without getting killed accidentally by wandering too close to an enemy camp while still offering the protection that a "camp" can provide.

Potential Solution (Part II):

Remove "Farm" buildings and create two new buildings:
1) Stone mason guild - would auto mine stone for tower & castle builds and upgrades (could make it necessary to build within 5 spaces of an actual stone to make it more strategic).

2) Lumber guild - would auto mine trees for plank creation (could make it necessary to build within 5 spaces of an actual tree to make it more strategic).

So there it is...my problem analysis and solutions that could help keep some of what people liked, while adding some new tweaks to make better use of the new features added in 4.5.2.

Let me know what you think!!!
BY

Baba Yaga (The Original)
Moonraker

Re: Problem Analysis & Solution: Clan Buildings

Post by Moonraker »

Interesting ideas, however I think the solution to this is an alliance system
Attacks would work like the following

Towers attack enemy clans automaticly
Towers don't attack alliance or neutral clans
Neutral clans/unclanned cannot attack towers / buildings
Alliance clans players cannot attack each other
If a player leaves an alliance he automaticly becomes an outlaw for 24 hours ( thanks combatant). Towers auto attack outlaws regardless of clan status except own. Clan outlaws

Anyway I'm glad we a looking for solutions
Dr DOOM

Post by Dr DOOM »

Ok rookies. Here is deal. Have 1 device not updated to new version.
You can build castle using gold but onlylvl 1. I did in front of crowd.
Can do this multiple times.
Be prepared suckas!
Ima A SHOW YOU KNOW!
Only one in clan and no builds. Watch.
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

Dr DOOM wrote:Ok rookies. Here is deal. Have 1 device not updated to new version.
You can build castle using gold but onlylvl 1. I did in front of crowd.
Can do this multiple times.
Be prepared suckas!
Ima A SHOW YOU KNOW!
Only one in clan and no builds. Watch.
please try this again, too :D
i think, we fixed that yesterday. hopefully :D
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
kollex

Post by kollex »

Unless the alliance system is implemented so that only unclanned, allied and neutral are safe, I would suggest towers joining attack, if enemy is attacked by the clan member. This will prevent neutral higher levels wandering in with low current lvl XP and killing clan low levels for gear.

Also I suggested earlier an upgrade to tower protection system: tower's reach is expanded to the reach of any building, which is created right next to it. No chains though )
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

From the next server restart on the 10.15 FT time tomorrow the clan buildings will attack players who attacks members of that clan.
dinoponte2

Post by dinoponte2 »

compbatant wrote:From the next server restart on the 10.15 FT time tomorrow the clan buildings will attack players who attacks members of that clan.

Why not make towers auto attack lot more simples
Anyway now other clans towers a red at map , i cant see if is monster or tower and when boss dragon spaw i dont know where he is, atleast fix colour of towers
dinoponte1000 lvl1065 mage(BK)
dinoponte100 lvl114 mage(lilB)
Kheiron lvl380 archer(BK)
dinoman lvl102 dwarf(BK)
yeti lvl130 ogre(BK)
yetii ogre
dinoponte3 swordsman
dinoponte archer
Quem100000 mage

Languages spoken:
Potugues,English
kollex

Post by kollex »

i agree, towers should differentiate in color from monsters.
and while enemy towers mean danger, which allows them to be represented as red, neutral towers should have a neutral color. as should allied ones