Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Hmmm... Just caught up on the thread. Nice jokes all around, but I'll try to stay on topic.
Changing 1h weapons to 2h would get OP if they got a dex boost as well as str, imo.
Giving all classes the option to equip other classes weapons would be interesting, as pvm and pvp would drastically change, possibly for the better. The classes would then be separated by skills and affinities (and base HP stats), not counting magic of mages. It would get strange as non-mages have no mana bar to use, unless some kind of setup for mana became the standard for skills (and quite expensive at that, to offset mages high mana regen). There are many calculations that would need to be done and tested independent of the main server (due to massive mechanics changes) and much programming to change the game's fundamental class mechanics so radically.
All in all, interesting, but not likely at this time. We have so many bugs that need fixed, and that should take priority.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:50 am All in all, interesting, but not likely at this time. We have so many bugs that need fixed, and that should take priority.
Wise words. Would be fun though.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Everyone knows infinite Mana is broken, Chars even 150% of a lvl a mage with infinite Mana cannot win against them, only massive differences such as a 10k arch vs a 3k mage do you see mages losing. The problem isn't mages, it's their ability to heal, attack, and build armor forever, an Archer of equal lvl cannot heal against the mage. My suggestion? No more Mana Regen while being attacked, using spells, or staffing, (Moving still brings Mana Regen). Don't worry high lvls! I understand you have spent a lot of money on this game, you can still STORE Mana, a 10k mage will not even notice this change due to the massive capicity they have. The argument against this is that low lvl mages will then be useless, that's why their may need to be a slight Mana Regen , for example, a Mana Regen of a lvl 200 cap while being attacked/attacking. This prevents Mana Regen from doing 7+ spells Regen per second, and more like 2-3, this balances the classes and makes mages equal to their counterparts.

+1 if you like! End the broken infinite Mana!
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Agree. It's far too imbalanced.
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

terminator wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:16 pm Everyone knows infinite Mana is broken, Chars even 150% of a lvl a mage with infinite Mana cannot win against them, only massive differences such as a 10k arch vs a 3k mage do you see mages losing. The problem isn't mages, it's their ability to heal, attack, and build armor forever, an Archer of equal lvl cannot heal against the mage. My suggestion? No more Mana Regen while being attacked, using spells, or staffing, (Moving still brings Mana Regen). Don't worry high lvls! I understand you have spent a lot of money on this game, you can still STORE Mana, a 10k mage will not even notice this change due to the massive capicity they have. The argument against this is that low lvl mages will then be useless, that's why their may need to be a slight Mana Regen , for example, a Mana Regen of a lvl 200 cap while being attacked/attacking. This prevents Mana Regen from doing 7+ spells Regen per second, and more like 2-3, this balances the classes and makes mages equal to their counterparts.

This idea will simply don't hurt 1k+ mages (especially higher level mages)
But it will destroy lower level mages.

So -1 for your suggestion.

I see your point here. But in my opinion this is a game's feature . Mages are strong in this case but weak in others. Also ( i believe ) Mage is the hardest class.
Think of other disadvantages of a Mage : Can't wear pants (before 2k) and shield, can't use speed pots or stun, Sieges reduce damage dealt, attacking spells doesn't stop health regen of enemy , Alts and reLoggers to block heal, mage is the only class you have to keep tapping , stop tapping and you die... etc.

I don't say that other classes don't have disadvantages ,
But , in my opinion, Mage right now is the class with the most disadvantages and advantages

idk, tell me your thoughts .
Boo
Leone

Post by Leone »

Go back to the very first page of this thread (2015) and players were saying mages are OP. Players are still saying the same (other than those who are mages , I guess!). I suggest there is a pattern.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Should've seen them at the very beginning ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:39 pm
terminator wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:16 pm Everyone knows infinite Mana is broken, Chars even 150% of a lvl a mage with infinite Mana cannot win against them, only massive differences such as a 10k arch vs a 3k mage do you see mages losing. The problem isn't mages, it's their ability to heal, attack, and build armor forever, an Archer of equal lvl cannot heal against the mage. My suggestion? No more Mana Regen while being attacked, using spells, or staffing, (Moving still brings Mana Regen). Don't worry high lvls! I understand you have spent a lot of money on this game, you can still STORE Mana, a 10k mage will not even notice this change due to the massive capicity they have. The argument against this is that low lvl mages will then be useless, that's why their may need to be a slight Mana Regen , for example, a Mana Regen of a lvl 200 cap while being attacked/attacking. This prevents Mana Regen from doing 7+ spells Regen per second, and more like 2-3, this balances the classes and makes mages equal to their counterparts.

This idea will simply don't hurt 1k+ mages (especially higher level mages)
But it will destroy lower level mages.

So -1 for your suggestion.

I see your point here. But in my opinion this is a game's feature . Mages are strong in this case but weak in others. Also ( i believe ) Mage is the hardest class.
Think of other disadvantages of a Mage : Can't wear pants (before 2k) and shield, can't use speed pots or stun, Sieges reduce damage dealt, attacking spells doesn't stop health regen of enemy , Alts and reLoggers to block heal, mage is the only class you have to keep tapping , stop tapping and you die... etc.

I don't say that other classes don't have disadvantages ,
But , in my opinion, Mage right now is the class with the most disadvantages and advantages

idk, tell me your thoughts .
Who needs pants and a shield when you have an armor spell that can boost your arm much higher then the damage of any other class of equal level (and stronger levels) strengths output with the best in slot gear for their level and them having all stat points allocated to str and then double damage doesn't always work either rarely does depends on the situation though

Heal blockers are annoying they annoy me when i play on my mage and i get why it happens the ones who intentionally come to block you are a strategy to give the non mage an edge in the fight cause if the mage knows what he's doing the non mage is good as dead (my main account is a non mage I've been killed by mages 800+ levels lower then me and witnessed other non mages get killed by mages 1k+ lower then them...) again it depends on the situation.

Just my thoughts

Side note my mage is a little north of 900 I know how it is to kill other non mages my level or stronger (levels 1000+). Then again i also think mages are not the only classes that need to be reworked some in aspects of making pvp more fair for whatever class you choose to play as pvp is one of the biggest parts (not for everyone i will add) of this game. Why single it out to one class to be king of this aspect?
Leone

Post by Leone »

Exactly and what this thread is about. Let's look for alternatives because it's needed. Thx Matt.

And while you're at it mate, check your logs for autoclickers. If there's 50 lvls a day then that's not right.

I'm volunteering to investigate.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Mage also can not win another class because of the potion of acceleration heal full hp and come fight again (an exception is an archer who cannot run away but who can just get out of the game and stay alive)

All your guesses are fictional,wins-only the team