Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LordSeth

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by LordSeth »

The speed of my video is the speed that the cast/attack needs to be. As you replied on the video the red flash on the icons will help the mages. Yes it will but the icon flash is also for non-magic attack icon with the same speed. The speed its set on is 00.2seconds witch from the video thats 00.2second before it changes from available to cast to unavailable. So that really slows the cast down to 00.4second each cast witch from my video it allows 3 cast in 1 second. I wouldnt want it to go any slower than that because it will then upsed alot of players with high level paid for mages and even if theres an auto clicker the gap between the cast we will be able to cast as fast as him/her even with a low amount of lag. And yes I very carefully looked through your suggestions and i do like them i just cant see how you can stop auto clicking. You cant take it off of the players pc. Idk if you could even dig deep enough to disable it in the game engine. However being that theres already been work on on my suggestion and agreed with by a lot of experienced players this is worth a shot in my and many more opinions.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

my suggestion to stop auto clicking is simply that mage would tap the spell and it would automatically cast at max rate until it is tapped again or mage moves (just like other players do ;) ) - then we can control dps, get rid of auto clickers, and really find a fair balance ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Indeed that would be a good addition but that would make every class auto clickers as well as my suggested idea but the difference is mine would actually slow down auto clicking. + a mage goes to heal will he/she have to move to change spells or would he/she be healing & attacking at the same time. Theres a lot of work in that too.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

well, the way I was thinking was that 1 would cancel the other (I'm attacking, then when I heal, the attack stops until I press the flow spell again) - this way nobody would use auto clicker because it would actually slow down your attack to tap, tap, tap because it would be attack on, off, on, off

oh, and I may not have been clear enough, but to stop attack, you could either move, or cast another spell, or tap your attack button again to turn it off
⬜ 💣 🌏
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Ok it sounds better with details its a very possable solution but it needs to be sent to beta testers we all know nobody will admit to be an auto tapper but we need a few that does to make sure there is no possable way to work around it/cheat it. And one question now being this may be the solution to the auto tapping are we still on the same page with other classes having stamina and the ability to attack as fast as the mages spells can be cast? I'm still 100% for that.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

just you saying that made me think of one thing already... the spell would need the 0.2 sec. delay on the head end (ie you would push spell and it wouldn't cast for. 2 seconds) to avoid cheating... this is why I love these open conversations ;)

about testing, yes absolutely a change as big as anything we're talking about would need tons of tests for sure

about increasing non-mage attack speed, it would work. I prefer increasing damage instead though (because it reduces load on server and reduces effect of armor) but either would have the same balancing effect ;)

as for the stamina, I absolutely love it. I personally prefer applying it to skills though, rather than making it a separate "attack" function. I think it gives more diversity to the classes and to character building in each class
⬜ 💣 🌏
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

blitzcraig wrote:well, the way I was thinking was that 1 would cancel the other (I'm attacking, then when I heal, the attack stops until I press the flow spell again) - this way nobody would use auto clicker because it would actually slow down your attack to tap, tap, tap because it would be attack on, off, on, off

oh, and I may not have been clear enough, but to stop attack, you could either move, or cast another spell, or tap your attack button again to turn it off
This would work great with the people who have "fat fingers" too! They find it hard to play on mage with the fancy finger work it requires now ;)
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

yeah, that's a great point cleo :D
⬜ 💣 🌏
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

LordSeth wrote:yellow flow is cost 4 mana 30 + 1.5 damage to an enemy and green flow cost 5 mana 50 + 2.5 damage. With those two spells being the attack spells it should be equivalent to the non magic attacks of the archer and melee classes. Without a skill active the attack cost 4 stamina same as the yellow flow spell 30 + 1.5 damage, and the fact that the double shot is x2 the amount of single shot equivalent to 2 yellow flow spells I think the green flow spell and the double shot should be equivalent but raise the cost of mana/stamina to 7 instead of 5. The only skills that dont cost 7 would be the stun/freez skill. It and the slow spell imo should cost 6 the skill should be 50% dmg witch would be like 15 + 0.8 of the regular attack and should freez and slow the enemy. The slow spell should be the same except it wouldnt freez the enemy being that the skill has a cool down and the spell can be cast as needed.
This is the formula I would still go for but along with your casting suggestion because our prior goal here is to ballance out the pvp in the game not really pvm. Yes it would lead to a faster amount of exp gained in pvm but so would extra str. the only way to change that is to unfortunately raise the amount of exp needed to reach the next level or lower the exp gain from all the units. But on the other hand this could actually do well for those players that can't buy levels. Being that there are many level 1000+ players ther are some that has played this game just as long if not longer and still haven't passed level 360 to do the dragon quest at the crocky map. This would also be beneficial to all players. And if compbatant thinks it takes the challenge out of the game then simply raise the strength of the units to keep it a challenge. But for the players id keep it as is. :-)
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

as for pvm, I actually think we should just go through the whole list (except for last few monsters) and increase damage by around 10-15% and hp by 10-20% anyway (mostly to account for the additional gear and skills we have now that didn't exist when they were first created) so after this proposed update it would be more like damage increase 10-15% still, but hp increase 30-40% or so without increasing xp (xp:hp ratio would decrease, but damage would go up to compensate.. except for mages, so are op anyway)

anyway, as you said, pvm is not our primary intent here ;)
⬜ 💣 🌏