Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by blitzcraig »

I really like the stamina idea, but I do have one fear of implementing it the way you described.. . auto-clickers.... to be honest, I'm hoping we can change the mage mechanic in such a way that we're done with this issue completely lol. they basically provide little benefit right now (aside from helping those who don't know what they're doing) but it is still an issue in two other ways. 1> I believe it lags the game. I know there are differing opinions on this, and that's fine... i think they cause lag 2> the idea of players feeling cheated leads to complaints which leads to GMs spending time checking logs. that's lose /lose... players are unhappy and GM time is not spent in game helping other problems :/

now, with all that said, I think the stamina idea could be a great way to control skills... use whatever skill you want while you still have stamina. %damage attacks would take a % of max_stamina for 1 shot, others would take a certain amount per second ;) thoughts?
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Just woke up so I'm not sure about the correct amount of mana the yellow flow and the green flow take but I think yellow flow is cost 4 mana 30 + 1.5 damage to an enemy and green flow cost 5 mana 50 + 2.5 damage. With those two spells being the attack spells it should be equivalent to the non magic attacks of the archer and melee classes. Without a skill active the attack cost 4 stamina and damage is as the yellow flow spell 30 + 1.5 damage, and the fact that the double shot is x2 the amount of single shot equivalent to 2 yellow flow spells I think the green flow spell and the double shot should be equivalent but raise the cost of mana/stamina to 7 instead of 5. The only skills that dont cost 7 would be the stun/freez skill. It and the slow spell imo should cost 6 the skill should be 50% dmg witch would be like 15 + 0.8 of the regular attack and should freez and slow the enemy. The slow spell should be the same except it wouldnt freez the enemy being that the skill has a cool down and the spell can be cast as needed. And the auto tap should be salved and banished with a spell and attack cool down for 0.2 seconds witch shouldnt allow no more that 5 cast per second IF no lag. That goes for all classes.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

the cool down "should" solve the auto tap issue, but it does not... that's what we have now with mages but people still complain about it ALL the time... know what I mean?
⬜ 💣 🌏
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Then maybe work on the spell icon. Like the melee and archer skills turn red for the cool down have the spells turn red for the non response cool down for .2 seconds because if there is a cool down on it atm its being bypassed by tapping the spell so quickly or something because I have never noticed a cool down between my mage casts. I'm on an android phone and at times I lag but when I have a clear server I can put out 8 cast or better per second. After I first seen your last post blitz I came up with a video out of multiple screenshots but I can't upload a video or slideshow on this forum. I do have some adjustments to make on it but its an example of what the cool down may need to work better. Keep in mind this cool down is also for all classes attack mechanisms not just mages.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

the current mechanics do not allow for more than 1 spell cast every 167 ms (1 per 1/6 of a second) no matter how fast you tap.... (the icon does not change color, but the spells do not have any effect) trust me on this, I've looked at logs ad nauseum for this exact thing.... it still doesn't stop players from using auto tap (and lagging game imo without any real benefit) and equally as importantly, it doesn't stop others from feeling cheated because they believe the other guy is cheating... I know you and I don't always see eye to eye, but I'm asking you to trust me that, while most your ideas here are really good, this one is not... it would simply multiply this problem... much better is changing mage mechanics ;)
⬜ 💣 🌏
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Ok well understood. I put my mind and effort to this issue I hope someone can come up with a better solution. I'll discontinue my opinion in this in-game problem. But thank you for looking into it. :-)
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I'm not trying to discourage you - just explaining why changing mage is better than making others match that mechanic... we each have different ideas, experiences, and even different perspectives... that's why we need to keep talking and occasionally trust that somebody else knows a particular aspect better than we do (like I have to with most clan issues lol)
⬜ 💣 🌏
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Ive thought of just changing mages as well but 1 if its not carefully done and a mages pvp abilities swoop lower than other classes there are ALOT of players including myself that have invested ALOT of real money into there Mage and also some that has invested into all other classes. I and many more would be pretty pissed/angry/unhappy if we were unsatisfied with only mage class being changed when one of the main issues is how fast or slow our most invested character can attack and how efective our skills are and if we can hold our own in a battle or if we should just quickly remove our gear that is most evaluable. And 2 the amount of a mages mana and the stats set on another class is a big deal. For example a level sabota was level 336 him and a level 248 mage took out my level 436 archer witch at the time was set for boss dragons. I had 104k hp ans 1019 stralong with a clan mate revenge68 witch was level 644 with 176k hp and 1120 str sabota admitted his hp was only 31k witch meant he was high on mana. The other mage I could hit 4 times and he would have a cherry floating over him so another one all mana. As soon as we hit them they healed once or twice they were full and still had plenty of mana to take us out. Due to the slow spell and them having unfreez pots and our freez arrow was only efective in 1 shot and the running around to give them time to regen we got our asses handed to us by some low level mages. Then agian this happened 1 time a level 501 mage darkmonk and a level 230 mage took out my level 801 mage with 1503 mana and 104k hp. Yes there was some lag possably auto tapping idk but the I somehow find the formula kinda screwy on same class pvp. Idk if anything can be done about auto tapping without disappointing us players that can't auto tap but I know the stamina and attack idea i had would satisfy many in non-magic pvp and magic vs arch or melee. There will always be complaints from pvp itll have to be exextremely specificated formulas or a complete take away to stop auto tapping. The mechanics dont need to be matched then there wouldnt be much of a point in having the ogre or dwarf or swordsman class it would just be different skins that can equipt different weapons. But a lot that ive shared my details and formulas with has agreed thatthey would have a better chance if it was aapplied in the game. No disrespect to blitzcraig or the GM team like I said before this was just my idea on this issue. If it won't take action I'll drop it and remove it. But as this issue continues id like to stay informed if my formula etc may be used.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

If you would like to see the videos I made on FaceBook please look up WhiteSeth FT you will find me. If I'm not on your friends list you may add me.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I guess I'm confused here... have you read my suggestions? what do you think of them? I'm suggesting changing all classes, not just mages... the only thing I see that we totally disagree is giving everybody the ability to use auto-clicker, vs. taking that ability away from the mage :/ ... anyway, I'll look for your videos, you read (or reread) my suggestions and we'll continue taking afterwards if that's good with you ;)
⬜ 💣 🌏