Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

terminator

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by terminator »

Leone wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:42 pm To clarify, the mage shield - you mean the dwarf skill should be changed?
Correct :D :D
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Leone wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:42 pm To clarify, the mage shield - you mean the dwarf skill should be changed?
Yes, absolutely and for good reason. Currently dwarf skills are nearly useless in PvP combat, this is ridiculous as once upon a time when dwarf class was first introduced to the world of D&D they were powerhouses NOT a defenseless character as what we see in Forgotten Tales currently, which is nothing more than a speeding beating block for all classes.

Currently DwarfTank is lvl2036 with 500k hp, lvl500 of any class can kill me fairly easily and this has been going on since the birth of Forgotten Tales regarding dwarf class.

Reason being the following.

Current resist is only vs mage, nothing against other classes....

Swords using:
Always Hit & Fire Sword.

Archers using:
Double Attack Speed & Fire Arrow

Ogre using:
Twister, Stun, Double Damage.

Dwarf has nothing, besides resist spell damage, and watch slowly as they die, worf will tell you all about the struggles of a dwarf in pvp, it's sad how unfair it really is.
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree with all this. I changed from dwarf to arch 4.5yrs ago because of this, so I commend you for staying.

Here's an idea. 2 sub classes per class. I'll start with dwarf

1 dwarf defender - defensive skills and mining /building
2 dwarf beserker - offensive skills and speed

There will be a natural loss/ gain in str, dex and arm dependent upon sub class.

Ideas for other classes welcome.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

It has been going on and on for years. The Dwarf class skills are for the dwarf to remain as a (tank)=the toughest class. For PvM and PvP.
The skill magic resist is to be able to servive longer than any other class when fighting a mage.

The speed skill is used for survival. You can quickly escape a fight and have time to log out or if your lucky escape to a PvP free location. Not only just for fast traveling.

Now I will give an opinion off the top of my head.

Remove the speed skill. You can buy speed potions like the other melee classes do.
Add in its place skill
(MANGLE)
When skill is activated the first hit takes 15% of the foes hp and every hit while the skill is activated has a 80% chance to be a critical hit = max damage untill the skill is no longer active

This would be the only skill actually for a better chance of victory in PvP.

I will give this opinion to compbatant if it gets good feedback.

But I can't promise anything will change, it takes alot of time and work to change the skills for a class and compbatant is very busy trying to fix bugs and make sure everything is working properly in the update.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I don’t think that it’s worth making a full PVP class out of a dwarf, it was originally sharpened for resources and for the ability to effectively level up without constant clicks like mage.If give him a PVP skill, he will just be able to do it all and become a universal class.Which can quickly get levels;Efficiently extract resources and also will have PVP on an equal basis with other classes which have minuses.(Archer, ogre-bad mining;Swordman-bad grinding ability,mage-no acceleration and need much clicks for leveling).All dwarfs created it and knew in advance that it would not be a PVP class,so what for all these claims?

My new proposal was that dwarf also blocked 25-35% of the physical attack with his 30 level shield and was a full-fledged tank in clan wars.
P.S. consider the fact that the shield blocks all player attacks and not one for this, it should not be higher.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

I agree with your explanation and proposal @Mr_Maks it would be useful.

But,
The issue is that players who choose the dwarf class wish for a equivalent chance to win a fight just like any other class. Which is what this thread is for as we all know. All classes has their own perks if it's in skills damage or health or range.

Their is players that do not do much PvP at all you can take DT for example a great player who avoids PvP for the most part but if he has to fight to defend himself he wants a chance to win the battle so the same player that attacked him may not run into him and lower his pride agian.
Most dwarf class users choose dwarf because they like the idea of a dwarf being a short strong axe machine.

Not because of the skill perks.

They have been wishing for a PvP skill for years but the dwarf class was considered to be more of a tool instead of a weapon.

I have a dwarf I made just to be a tool I started ft as a archer and mage class myself because I am a bowman myself and I like the idea of magic. Back then the classes were not balanced at all and I wasn't interested in PvP.
I choose my classes because I liked them not for and advantages.
I use this as an example of how players prefer classes for their liking not for their perks.

Yes it's true if a dwarf has a PvP skill the class will be more of a beast than just a tank but it would still depend on Dex so the skill would be affective.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
lajos

Post by lajos »

O tak dodajcie wszystko innym klasom.Wszystko w tej grze jest zrównoważone oprocz pvp jestem dwarfem i życzę powodzenia w ciągłej ucieczce. Wszystkie klasy maja 25 30 40 %palenia itp. DWARF MA TARCZE TYLKO I TO ma WYSTARCZYĆ o tak do ucieczki.Wyrównajcie umiejętności jak tak płaczecie ze dwarf jest lepszy w kopaniu i deskach.Ja też chcę mieć równo balisty I łowienie A dajcie dwarfom 20 % palenia czy tym podobne. ŚMIESZNE TO I TYLE. POZDRAWIAM TYCH KTORZY TWIERDZILI ZE BEDA MIELI PIERWSI ITEMY 3K LOL.
lajos

Post by lajos »

Ja mam lepszy pomysl. Łucznikom dajcie speed chodzenie. Magom ze tylko siebie będą leczyć. Rycerzom odejmijcie 10% przy paleniu bo to nie sprawiedliwie bo mają 40%.Ogrom dajcie wiecej. A DWARFOM DAJCIE PLUS 3 SPEED I TAK TYLKO MOZE
MY UCIEKAĆ.to jest tylko ironia.
Last edited by lajos on Fri May 03, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lajos

Post by lajos »

Miałam nic nie pisać ale widzę że im więcej ludzi pisze że im cos nie pasuje to się zmienia.My dwarfy chcemy -20 % w pvp.I będę to pisac weźcie sobie ten speed I nawet tarcze.
Leone

Post by Leone »

The dwarves already have a speed skill and can drink the speed potion. I think this should remain as temporary, rather than permanent as you suggest.

I like the way that trade affinities differ between classes. It adds variety. I don't believe that every class should be adept at every trade.

I agree with previous comments that giving dwarves a PvP skill may just make them op....so here's another idea to think about: remove the attack all option and add a beserker skill. Lose the pvm and grinding advantage but gain a PvP skill. The danger of this? The dwarves lose their individuality and become similar to ogres and swordsmen.

I have to say I'm not sure i agree with my own idea (!) but I think its worth considering any idea put forward on the forum.