Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DAVEmanda

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by DAVEmanda »

Leone wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:25 am Which class(es) can damage sieges?
For damage seiges you need a hug group attacking them. It's possible but it's hard.
Mr_Maks wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:44 am Playing on the mage I noticed 4 huge minuses:
1)Heal block(at the expense of which it is possible to kill the magician and it must be).
2)The class melee has a potion of acceleration that lets run away on red hp to heal to full hp and return to attack(this is very angry magician and he can not do anything with this without a friend of the near class who can keep him stunned and still he will not lose pvp but will simply quit the game and remain alive).
3)Siege give full invulnerability in pvp against the magician and I myself became convinced of this in practice.Looking at how 834 ogres with sieges can not kill 3000-3500 mages and ogres just stayed on full hp made me laugh.
4)And most important is the lack of hp from the magician, so you can throw the stats into armor and this will help but only in pvp.In this regard, the magician can not enter the clan buildings of level 2850 with fire shells up to 10,000 lvl of his magician when he can have more than 2b hp and have at least some damage due to at least 10k stats in mana because half have to spend in arm.

Meanwhile, as other races will be enough 3-5k lvl just to park the siege and be useful(and the magician can also create a siege, but they have too weak characteristics of hp and damage and from them there is practically no use if compared with the siege of the swordman and ogre).

And by the way on full hp my 4k mage had 70k hp without stats in the armor do not know whether this is adequate.

And so go to the very idea perhaps it would not be bad if the magician could get for pumping statistics into mana this should be somewhere 50% or 25% of the increment of HP for one + 1str.
I think it will help the same way for mages who just started playing FT.
I agree with you. But not in everything . 800 ogre would die if 4k mage uses yellow spell.. 10k mage max stats for attack cans are like 20% on armor that is 1b HP so no 2b. With 1b hp and a good group of attackers the 10k mage will do a lot of damage. For mages stat attacking towers I think that 3k is the correct lvl. (I tested) and it's when the mage become strong enough to heal 2-3 missiles. But of course you need to drain first...

For get the mage balance I think that we should add:

Mana of gears increment the spells strong
The new heal spell (I play mage too, been attacked by 750mage and 750sword with 4 blockers and without wand dead once ; it was terrible)
Mana gives HP (agree with maks, all other classes get HP points when set STR , his main attribute , add HP but a little bit much , remember that a mage can heal him self)
Reduce the heal spell formula (it lets the mage heal very fast ATM so if these changes are added the mage would become OP)
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Sieges are OP in PvP if you ask me
They are constantly used in a manner they were not intended for
You should never be forced to attack a siege weapon
The only times you'd want to, I'd think is:
- when they're actually sieging you
- if you're trying to reduce your opponent's pack size

Any other time, being forced to attack a siege weapon is ludicrous
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Dave, indicated the information without taking into account the fire balls.Tower has 643850 dmg and 1072125 castle.

This damage does not give the mage, even a chance to attack with mana, he is forced to just look at the building or just siege with 700 dmg when swordman have 3400 dmg por one siege.This makes the mage almost useless in destroying buildings.
Can say what need to knock out all the onion balls so that the magician can attack but this will only work when there are no active players in the clan who are able to quickly obtain coal and make those very fiery shells and prevent the mages from approaching the building.
This I'm not talking about the building level 4k+ ...

Only thanks to these nuances, those inactive clans about whom Ryaca previously spoke exist until now.
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

MadMikael wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:06 am Sieges are OP in PvP if you ask me
They are constantly used in a manner they were not intended for
You should never be forced to attack a siege weapon
The only times you'd want to, I'd think is:
- when they're actually sieging you
- if you're trying to reduce your opponent's pack size

Any other time, being forced to attack a siege weapon is ludicrous
Seiges doesn't give extra space

Mr_Maks wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:42 am Dave, indicated the information without taking into account the fire balls.Tower has 643850 dmg and 1072125 castle.

This damage does not give the mage, even a chance to attack with mana, he is forced to just look at the building or just siege with 700 dmg when swordman have 3400 dmg por one siege.This makes the mage almost useless in destroying buildings.
Can say what need to knock out all the onion balls so that the magician can attack but this will only work when there are no active players in the clan who are able to quickly obtain coal and make those very fiery shells and prevent the mages from approaching the building.
This I'm not talking about the building level 4k+ ...

Only thanks to these nuances, those inactive clans about whom Ryaca previously spoke exist until now.
I said yes, but I say that you need to drain . And even an active clan can be drained , you need to plan better your attacks for it. Anyways towers doesn't have 600k damage . A tower 5k has 750k damage , 2850 tower with fire balls doesn't up to 600k damage . Castle , big castle is rarely built and doesn't up to 1m damage.

Swordman is the best for attack yes but remember that full amor you have a max of 3500 strong points, a mage can get 700? Yez but 700x5 , we all know mages hit faster and adding the mana from gears it will be even more. And with high resistance of builds a mage will destroy a tower faster than a swordman , this using only their weapons.
And mages have trade affinity of 0.5 in seiges because they need it , if not they will be very OP, we want to balance ! no over powered characters. Which I don't see good is the dwarf in pvp and seiges!!! That is very unbalanced and needs more a change than the mages and his heal blockers histories
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

One thing that isnt mentioned here is that after a certain lvl mages can be lvled much, much faster then other classes. just because they can not only attack/do dmg more often but also do this to lots of monsters at once.
10-15minutes for a lvl is not unknown for a mage close to lvl 2k while while other classes would take like 45minutes at the same place.
faster lvling means getting stronger faster which is a big benefit in pvp where lvl difference means much more then skill or skills..
pvp skill wise i think classes are currently reasonably balanced (except for dwarf) but the fast lvling of a mage makes him still OP because he can get stronger much easier then other classes.

note: at low lvl mages are slower to lvl up, but that can be solved with quests or $$$. when this low lvl first, faster later mechanism was introduced it took many months or a year to get to lvl 150ish.
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

rearrow wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:02 pm One thing that isnt mentioned here is that after a certain lvl mages can be lvled much, much faster then other classes. just because they can not only attack/do dmg more often but also do this to lots of monsters at once.
10-15minutes for a lvl is not unknown for a mage close to lvl 2k while while other classes would take like 45minutes at the same place.
faster lvling means getting stronger faster which is a big benefit in pvp where lvl difference means much more then skill or skills..
pvp skill wise i think classes are currently reasonably balanced (except for dwarf) but the fast lvling of a mage makes him still OP because he can get stronger much easier then other classes.

note: at low lvl mages are slower to lvl up, but that can be solved with quests or $$$. when this low lvl first, faster later mechanism was introduced it took many months or a year to get to lvl 150ish.
I disagree here. Other classes near of 2k take 30mins how max. Mage/dwarf can take 15min . And remember that for lvl up a mage you need to touch the screen so in a week you can lvl up a lot but maybe you need a new finger.

And with the actual system you can get 150lvl in a month only buying pets. I have did lvl 60 in one day for some of my Crocs. It even wasn't a day (24h) it was (10h) or less
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TESTER

MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DAVEmanda wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:29 pm
Seiges doesn't give extra space
Oh that's right - I was told this before.
Ok.... so if a siege weapon isn't sieging, why the H-E-double hockey sticks is my unclanned mage forced to attack them on a non-clan map while I'm trying to defend myself? It's not like the siege weapon is attacking me.. maybe I should attack nearby trees as well?

Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

An alternative is to enable green flow to be area effect (as now) or direct attack (by targeting a player or monster).

That way it ignores all sieges and human shields.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

Arashiko wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:47 pm An alternative is to enable green flow to be area effect (as now) or direct attack (by targeting a player or monster).

Yes but this doesn't happen only in the mage. Other classes too
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TESTER

MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DAVEmanda wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:48 pm
Arashiko wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:47 pm An alternative is to enable green flow to be area effect (as now) or direct attack (by targeting a player or monster).

Yes but this doesn't happen only in the mage. Other classes too
I don't think any class should be forced into this.
If you're not clanned (and especially if you have no interest in clan business, as in my case), why would you even be bothered by a siege weapon? It poses no threat to you at all. Might as well be forced to hit the rabbits too. --- Actually, those rabbits annoy the &%#@*! out of me at times, I'd rather enjoy that....