KORIA PERM JAIL???

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

KOREA

Re: KORIA PERM JAIL???

Post by KOREA »

Hi everyone,
first of all thank you very much of Your compliments!
Cleo, Lard, rearrow, WARB, Thank You Very Much!
yes, at least during 5 yreas playing FT for a mistake I got the strongest punishment . It means all my investments (Really lots of money), work, friendship...etc., equaled to 0. During those long time I always did try to be honest . That,s why I never muted, never was outlaw, didn,t see how looks the jail...etc. hmmmmmmm
It,s the time to APOLOGISE all PLAYERS, ADMINS, GMs if I did somethings wrong during those 5 years!!!
Take Care Guys!
Very Truly Yours
KOREA
Language spoken: English, Polish, Persian.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

yes it was the rule. it was announced.
doesnt mean its fair.

little kid1: look i got a beautiful new skateboard for my birthday
little kid2: i wiah i had one too, but we are poor.

little kid1: my father taught me I should share my toys with others, you can play with it.

policeman: i take this skateboard. you cannot share it because now his father will not buy a skateboard for him so the skateboard makers get less money.

when the 2 kids without any skateboard walk home
they pass the bully who takes their lunchboxes regularly threatening to beat them up. the police and teachers know but ..... nothing.

Arent we teaching the wrong lesson here or should i teach my kids to be selfish.

GMs only enforce the rules, they dont make them (although im also told that creator doesnt get into justice things, so who made sharing perm jail) but...
they might want to consider if they wanna be part of this. i wouldnt. remember if real money is involved its not just a game anymore.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Your analogy there is ridiculous, rearrow, and you know it. Don't pretend that the "no sharing accounts" rule is a bad rule just because other rules may not be enforced as strictly as you (and myself and others) believe they should be. That was a rule before FT even had any IAPs.... back when the only source of money was the ads. You're being purposefully argumentative and dishonest here. Sharing accounts is bad for RPGs, and always against the rules for many reasons.
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

rearrow wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:47 pm yes it was the rule. it was announced.
doesnt mean its fair.
A rule that no one complained about when everyone was breaking it. Or if they were complaining about it they were complaining because it was not being enforced and their friend is dying all the because Tom, Bob and Sam share a high level account and use it for revenge killings.
little kid1: look i got a beautiful new skateboard for my birthday
little kid2: i wiah i had one too, but we are poor.

little kid1: my father taught me I should share my toys with others, you can play with it.

policeman: i take this skateboard. you cannot share it because now his father will not buy a skateboard for him so the skateboard makers get less money.

when the 2 kids without any skateboard walk home
1. no rules (laws) against lending a skateboard. Unless "Daddy, said I can't", then you incur the wrath of 'daddy' if caught, also
2. When you lend a skateboard your don't lend your skateboarding skills with it.
they pass the bully who takes their lunchboxes regularly threatening to beat them up. the police and teachers know but ..... nothing.
Where and when I grew up they most certainly did. Didn't stop a lot of them, they did their detention, and loved being expelled from school but they were punished. I know, I was the skinny little kid that got beat up all the time.
Arent we teaching the wrong lesson here or should i teach my kids to be selfish.
Not at all, teach your kids to respect the rules of the games they play, the laws of the land they live in and the rules you as their father place on them.
GMs only enforce the rules, they dont make them (although im also told that creator doesnt get into justice things, so who made sharing perm jail) but...
they might want to consider if they wanna be part of this. i wouldnt. remember if real money is involved its not just a game anymore.
Police enforce the laws, they don't make them. So if "real money" is involved it's not life any more because it has rules (laws)?
= = = = =
Don't get me wrong here, rearrow or LordSeth I respect what you are saying and trying to get done. When this thread started I had no idea who KOREA was. Never met him nor do I even recall seeing him, but by the time he came here with his post I had the feeling he would have been a great role model for a lot of gamers, self included.

@ KOREA, you sound like a great guy. I'm going to miss not knowing you.

jaya is another case.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

blitzcraig wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:09 pm Your analogy there is ridiculous, rearrow, and you know it. Don't pretend that the "no sharing accounts" rule is a bad rule just because other rules may not be enforced as strictly as you (and myself and others) believe they should be. That was a rule before FT even had any IAPs.... back when the only source of money was the ads. You're being purposefully argumentative and dishonest here. Sharing accounts is bad for RPGs, and always against the rules for many reasons.
no it is not ridiculous.
its whats happening.
im not saying its a bad rule because others arent enforced. im saying its a bad rule period.
sharing rule, not buying and selling.

I still have to hear a good argument the only 2 i have heard are scamming and 'otherwise people would buy'.
let an admin finaly list those reasons you mention.

and it being a rule when the only income was adds may or may not be so.

fact is that everything in ft is buyable now. EVERYTHING.
There was absolutely no need to share until people were allowed and started to buy hundreds or thousand of lvls. no other RPG has done that.

creator put no lvl cap or restrictions on killing lower lvls. this encourages lvl buying and the use of a lot of real money. not pay to win. but pay to play, since a large part isnt practicly available (clanplay without constantly dying, pvp with a chance). again no other RPG has done that. usualy there is some protection against very high lvls bulying lower lvls. and usualy you can enjoy the social part without being at risk to get killed by everyone higher.

even sugestions like not dropping arent even reacted upon by any gm.

the moment creator allowed unlimited bying he decided in a price per lvl and that made accounts worth something.
a lv 5000 account is worth the price of those 5k lvls. paid or earned through sweat.
permanent jailing instantly destroys that investment.
thats a lot o money and i like to hear another reason than 'because i say its the rule'.

people breaking hundreds of rules,getting in jail lots of times, killing real money pets costing players lots of money. using bugs to get hard earned or bought gear. extorting others. all that is allowed with the argument that GM are volunteers.
make those things perm jail offenses.
and include sharing in it then.

We are not pissed about the sharing rule only.
we are pissed that someone who didnt hurt anyone in 5years (he didnt pvp,), helped lots and was never even muted or jailed got punished this hard, while those who did scam, break rules, extorted and hurt others are allowed to continue doing this even when all this has been proven (as the time they spend in jail shows).

but one time sharing and your $5k worth account is taken.
before perm jail was only given after breaking many rules, many times and after many warnings. this changed the whole ballgame.

the whole thing of changing a non enforced rule (apparently it wasnt that important, most gm and players knew who were sharing, including gm themselves) to a perm jail rule is insane. from non important to the most important rule in game.
When special skins were refused to shared accounts one argument often given was 'its just cosmetic'.
well perm jail is not.

its like in real life you are not allowed to speed even 3km/hr
over the max speed. but its not enforced.
but suddenly its announce that speeding even 3km/hr now is punished with confiscating your car. and its enforced.

GM are volunteers, priorities should be set.
but protecting players against those abusing rules to kill, scam or extort them arent a priority it seems.

in a fair system abuse and rule breaking is punished, equally for all, at least a bit ransparant and a clear relation between severety of crime and the punishment.
and the justice system is known.

non of that is so in ft. it must not be important.

i even started a treat with an example/proposal. but no GM bothered to comment. like they are quiet here.

Thats what makes me and others so mad. GM is giving:
no feedback.
no arguments why the current system is good
no explanation how it works (we not all former gm)
no reactions to critisism
no reactions to proposals for change

we just hear they are volunteers and its the rule.
and the rule may change tomorrow.
Last edited by rearrow on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
death911

Post by death911 »

Korea broke rules = Yes
Deserves to be punished = Yes
Deserves Permanent Jail = No.
According to me Permanent Jail should be only for repeat offenders and not for first time offenders..
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

About KOREA specifically - as far as I know (which is certainly less than you or LordSeth or many others) I would not argue that he was a good player (or I guess maybe the account was used by several good players maybe, I know nothing about that case except what's been posted here) - So I hope nobody takes it as if I'm saying anything about KOREA... I'm simply not talking about that at all.

About your analogy, it is horribly faulty. Acting like accounts are shared out of a sense of being nice and with no negative effect on the game or the other players is terribly (and I believe purposefully) short-sighted. Yes, the first part of that is probably possible in specific instances (and this may well be the case with KOREA, again, I have no idea about that) But the vast majority of account sharing is so that a group can exert a higher amount of control over other players than they could if they followed the rules. period. There is no possible way you can spin this to make it anything else.

EDIT - let me reiterate that last part so it's not overlooked

... account sharing is [done] so that a group can exert a higher amount of control over other players than they could if they followed the rules.
⬜ 💣 🌏
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

@blitz,

i partly agree with what you say.
but i think you underestimate how
many nice people are around in ft as oposed to not nice people.

there were a lot of peaceful clans which did not pvp in which some accounts were shared between two or more fo various reasons like questing, tanking, healing.
or to protect the clan if the owner was not available (for short or long periods ).

off course that last part became only necessary when accounts could suddenly get thousands of lvls in a day if u had a credit card.
some who werent rich pooled some money and each boughtnlvls forvthe same account, which then could be used to protect the clan they worked years for.

But m.not oposed to sharing not being allowed.
Im saying that the punishment is far too severe for the crime.
its all about priorities.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I didn't mean to imply that the majority of the game is filled with "bad" or "mean" players... my apologies if that's how it came off - frankly, like you, the community is 90% of what keeps me interested in the game lol

I personally think the punishment is fitting, though I also believe that punishment for most other infractions should be much more strict than it is... that's just kinda who I am

Anyway, a lot of this thread seems as if it was pointing toward important issues about specific accounts, and I'm not trying to derail that... I just was voicing my thoughts on the sharing rule itself ;)
Last edited by blitzcraig on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⬜ 💣 🌏
Hello

Post by Hello »

Permanent Jail for Korea = NO
I agree with death911
Last edited by Hello on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.