Pets buyable in magic shop

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

hungry_wolf

Pets buyable in magic shop

Post by hungry_wolf »

I know many times this subject has been discussed and nothing changed, but i want talk about it again.
Everybody knows that if i already have a pet, i cannot buy one in that shop, is this way since the beginning and most of cases never mind.
The only case that i suggest to solve is the boss dragon pet, that is a quest item to get the black pearl, that is necessary for pirates map, that is necessary to go devils island, that is necessary to
defeat bal muen and so on.
Oblige to kill a pet to get it has no meaning, and under a point of view, is a limitation of experience the game(is it a rule violation made by game itself ? :D :D ).
Rule is a player can have 2 pets so under this point of view , no problem.
I can t find a good reason for this limit, really
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Leone

Re: Pets buyable in magic shop

Post by Leone »

I'm not quite sure what your point is so apologies if I've misunderstood with this reply...

But if you are saying you don't want the boss Dragon to be killed, by the time you level up to be able to have this as a pet then you should be easily able to earn the gold to get another one, I'd have thought.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

What i mean is that golden dragon should be buyable even if i already have 1 pet, because i could use it for black pearl quest

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I suppose thsee type of quests also push the benefit of having a house. When I hit 360 I had two red monster pets, so park them in the house and go get a dragon. Same thing with bringing the giant bat to the magus and the spectre to Proditor as they are all pretty similar.

The issue with the suggestion under the current rules for pet buying is that there is no way to know if a dragon will be used for the quest or not. You can't even make use of the map you get as a reward for another 40 levels, so someone could be buying a dragon to just use as a pet too. I'm not opposed to bring able to buy another pet from the shop when you have one, but I think it should be a total change and to allow it and not just a special change for the dragon.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

SellSword wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:03 pm I suppose thsee type of quests also push the benefit of having a house. When I hit 360 I had two red monster pets, so park them in the house and go get a dragon. Same thing with bringing the giant bat to the magus and the spectre to Proditor as they are all pretty similar.

The issue with the suggestion under the current rules for pet buying is that there is no way to know if a dragon will be used for the quest or not. You can't even make use of the map you get as a reward for another 40 levels, so someone could be buying a dragon to just use as a pet too. I'm not opposed to bring able to buy another pet from the shop when you have one, but I think it should be a total change and to allow it and not just a special change for the dragon.
yeah, ok , could be good change for all. but this is the only one pet that stops to proceed unless you have house or voluntary kill your pet/pets . i already have 2 houses and frankly speaking, the price is not so cheap that i could buy an house each character i level up ... ;)

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR