The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of LostKnight

Post by Leone »

SellSword wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:00 am Anyhow, some mage comes in the door
I think we've all heard this. A mage turns up and decides they can either 1 steal your spawn or 2 use your spawn against you.

Don't be afraid to do either back in relatiation. It works.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Oh, I'm pretty sure the guy wasn't going to accomplish any spawning there, other than his own at least!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

-= The Trials and Tribulations of 1 August 2018 =-

And what a day it has been so far. Let's go back to yesterday a bit. I took an existing "storage" alt and started levelling him up to 40 so he could have a couple of pets for more storage. Did not quite make it and had to finish him earlier this morning.

So I though, I have another one at level 17, I will do the same. So here's LostKnight(586) "tanking" for the alt(17) with the yellow archers. WiFi was bad today, with a lot of disconnects. But all in all I am doing fairly well, had levelled to alt(23) and along come Ogre(574) and attacked LK. OF course I had to wait until my little alt was in the clear, then I logged.

Little while later I came back ... all clear. Set up and started tanking. BLINK! In pops Ogre(574) and starts attacking again. Again I log. This time I went to the area with another alt and sure enough there is Ogre(574) with his pets parked where LK was tanking and he's "grinding" yellow archers. Then I see him start PvPing with another player. Finally that's over and he left.

LK comes back and sets up shop again, this time, maybe 5 minutes pass, a Mage(70-something) with a dog, walks over and immediately starts attacking LK and an Archer(4) friend of his dragging a "HUGE" spawn over to LK and alt. LK is frozen and can't move, the alt dies. I have problems co-coordinating two tablets at times. This happened a few times, poor alt used STA at least 4 times today, so he is not as high as I was hoping he would be. But I'll get him there.

Dare I say it: Lost a pet today too! Just one though. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Interesting day! But It's not over yet .... back to FT....

Last edited by LostKnight on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

i would like to meet this orc
Ryaca_1 is retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Let me know if you need someone else to tank for your alt up there. Dumb orc ("dork?") guy can't attack me either!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Edited post above: Orc to Ogre ... My OOPS!

Thanks for the moral support guys, but remember the trouble I use to get into early in my game and I'd post names here. Well, that is why I don't do that any more.

ALSO he isn't (wasn't) a clan member.
I am always AFK!
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

On the other hand it's a clear rule 9 violation against you and your alt. This ogre could be looking at 1 week jail.

Send me a PM and the team will watch him closely
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I had forgotten about it, but I was walking through fire archer map around that general timeframe and saw a level 23 swordsman taking on a spawn of probably 20 archers, just popping hp potions like crazy. I walked up to the guy to tank and said "move back" and the guy ran about 10 spaces away before he saw I was just standing there to tank for him. I think he was more than ready to do some moving away as it was! Nice guy who was quite appreciative, and I saw he got a level partway through the spawn. No clue who he was, but it was nice. :)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

^↑^ Nice stuff. Wasn't me though.

Yesterday, Friday, 3 August, 2018 ... Was probably one of, if not THE greatest day in my game time. One of my oldest 'mentors' in FT created an alt, came up to me and let me know who he was.

Helping a "NEWBIE", who's been in the game so long the beginning game was like an old book with Chapter I ripped out. Well, he didn't say, that I just added that part for effect!

But helping him with quests, and tanking for him was A·W·E·S·O·M·E. Just like my early days in reverse. By the end of the evening, or was it early morning; Level 3 21.

Lost a fully loaded "Ghost of Ryaca" pet while tanking, my OOPS!, but ya know something, it was worth it!

What a day!
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:38 am Yesterday, Friday, 3 August, 2018 ... Was probably one of, if not THE greatest day in my game time. One of my oldest 'mentors' in FT created an alt, came up to me and let me know who he was.
FT is interesting with alts some times.

I've tanked a time or two for some friends who started up alts and it can be a fun change of pace. On the FT side there is a lot of standing still and letting various low-level mobs fruitlessly beat on you, and a "I got the ___ so kill them and let's move on" sort of mission. On the friend side it's nice to sit and talk at times. Chumming it up while someone's alt does things they otherwise wouldn't be able to do.

Other interesting situations are when you don't know who you're talking to, and find out later who it was and be surprised. I've found out before I was having a friendly chat with a GM alt, ignored comments from a friend I didn't realize were directed at me, and realized someone seemingly friendly tried to extort money or spawn kill my pets with a different account...