Class Skill Idea.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DwarfTank

Class Skill Idea.

Post by DwarfTank »

So, Axe Class (Dwarf & Freya) has been made to be a defensive character class in this game, as of yet there is no skill to defend against critical hits, Axe Class (Dwarf & Freya) would be best suited for such a skill.

I suggest "Fortitude" which will deflect/block against critical hits with a chance to return 20% of the critical or all 100% of the deflected critical attack.

Graphics Suggestion: Use the same as mana resist but make it red in color instead of blue.

Asking all to share their thoughts on this.

Thanks,
-DT
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
Leone

Re: Class Skill Idea.

Post by Leone »

This fits in nicely with the rpg idea of a dwarf.

Not sure about the %. That's not my forte really but I instinctively think they *may* be too high(?)

Here's another idea to consider. Never mind critical hits. *any* hit deflects back 2.5(?)% damage to the attacker. Think how much this would accumulate over a 30 second period.
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

I see where you are going with this, but 20% reflect on crits or any damage inflicted (as you suggested) is still much less than that of the skills already in game, I'm not sure how 20% reflection is being seen as possibly too high?

I do appreciate that you took the time to at least give feedback.
ShadowHood-lvl2608
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

if we're embracing a defensive nature for the dwarf, then I'd suggest making them permanently 20% immune to magic (calculated AFTER gear immunity, not stacked) and give them a skill to resist 100%damage (with 0% reflected)...
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

blitzcraig wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:36 pm if we're embracing a defensive nature for the dwarf, then I'd suggest making them permanently 20% immune to magic (calculated AFTER gear immunity, not stacked) and give them a skill to resist 100%damage (with 0% reflected)...
I'm just trying to get ideas generating on this, because Axe Class is pretty useless in PvP unless you coun't being a rock slowly chipped away at untill DRL (Death, Run, or Logoff)

Something has got to give tho.

I agree on the 20% immunity to magic as long as it includes skill damage too, as it would even out that dwarf can't inflict added damage by skill.
ShadowHood-lvl2608
Leone

Post by Leone »

There's already the resistance to magic skill. It would be great for dwarves to see a skill to be used against all other classes.

So the 20% means:

Someone inflicts 1k damage and receives 200 back.

Over 30 seconds = 30k damage inflicted and 6k damaged received.

I know I'm over simplifying figures but yes that looks something to work with.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'll preface this by saying I don't participate in PvP at all, so I'm definitely not familiar with the issue beyond what I've read.

What about some sort of regeneration in conjunction with some of the other suggestions? Not necessarily 100% heal rate (like you're standing still) while being able to move and attack, but that as a general approach? Kind of in tune with the defensive comments.

The way I see it the options are: do more damage, take less damage, affect status of other player, or affect status of self.

Options like deflecting are really a combination of the first two where you do more damage while taking less damage at the same time.

Sorry, not my forte!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

all well said 👍

I still think the regeneration idea fits better on the ogre, but I do love the idea
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

Or lets do the opposite. Never mind defensive, let's go berserk...

Berserk skill x3 attack but -2 defence (numbers to be debated).
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Leone wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:50 am Or lets do the opposite. Never mind defensive, let's go berserk...

Berserk skill x3 attack but -2 defence (numbers to be debated).
I'm fine with Axe Class having a Berserker Skill, but I am doubting those in charge would allow it unfortunately. Something needs to be done though, it's well past long overdue.
ShadowHood-lvl2608