IT'S UNFAIR!!!!!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: IT'S UNFAIR!!!!!

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Brucepha wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:26 am
Kinda hard to adjust this fairly. Options are increased the exp cap and roll back the players over the caps to accurately reflect their lvls with the amended exp system. However if player bought lvls they will feel cheated unless the devs spend the time (an insane amout of time) to separate the grinded lvls vs the bought.

Agreed. Nobody should lose lvls even if changed, simply because mechanics were as they are before any such change occurred. Also, such a workload for GMs would be horribly unfair to them.

Or leave the players past the exp cap at the current lvl and introduce the new exp system. This will probably chap the bums of anyone under the top lvl in the game.

Also true. Even I would hate needing more exp, but believe the cap was an accident, rather than designed.

Another option is to introduce the new exp system allowing the players that are past the exp cap to keep the lvls they have but have to make up the difference in exp they would be lacking for the lvl they currently have before gaining a new lvl. ( if you understand what I'm saying feel free to explain more clearly ) Its a hell of a pickle here to work out and likely any fair option is going to weigh heavily on the dev team.

Making the players need more exp during their current level might cause bugs. I would recommend making the change begin at the next level gained.

Last option leave it be and attempt to grind past your rivals. Life is unfair but I wont walk away from it...A game is unfair pfft bring it on game! Not everyone thinks that way tho and I'm sure the devs will need alot of time to roll this around before making any changes. I think regardless of the decision on this any changes or lack of changes will cause a uproar.
My responses in blue.
Omnes Autem Uri
death911

Post by death911 »

I cannot support this idea..
Reason: I have already mentioned many times in this thread.
And it is in no way making Grinding fair!!!
why because lots of players have already gained 12k + lvls and This whole idea will be even more greatly unfair to rest all low lvl players.
However if this idea was to be implemented above 13k lvl (higher than the current max lvl), it would be fair and i would support this idea.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
Brucepha

Post by Brucepha »

death911 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:38 am I cannot support this idea..
why because lots of players have already gained 12k + lvls and This whole idea will be even more greatly unfair to rest all low lvl players.
However if this idea was to be implemented above 13k lvl (higher than the current max lvl), it would be fair and i would support this idea.
That's a pretty simple idea and seems fair to me. Usually the simplest ideas are the best as well. Although this still leaves many lvls that will not see a exp increase until 13k.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Brucepha wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:10 am
death911 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:38 am I cannot support this idea..
That's a pretty simple idea and seems fair to me. Usually the simplest ideas are the best as well.
I'm not disagreeing with this idea. I'm only pointing out that the mechanics are FLAWED as they are, causing a major unbalancing as players continue to climb in level.
The algorithm for experience needed to gain levels changes at level 150. Making another change higher than current players, or even just players over a certain lvl (such as 8k or 10k, for example) would suffice to balance the exponential growth of hyper-lvl players.
Omnes Autem Uri
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:58 pm
Anyone that would sever ties over the idea of making grinding "fair" is only doing the others a favor.

Nothing personal.
[/quote]

see

it works out for every1 in the end
Ryaca_1 is retired