New Trade Box Idea

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

New Trade Box Idea

Post by LostKnight »

Once a "gold amount or item" is put in the trade box the player MUST then hit the CHECK BOX and the item or gold amount is "LOCKED IN" for the duration of the trade. His CHECK Mark then turns YELLOW - telling the second player he is done.

---> see Added Note and [ X ] below.

Second player adds his "items or gold amount" and hits his Check Mark - it too turns YELLOW and his entry is "LOCKED IN" as well, signifying his part of the bargain.

The point is: Once players hit his/her respective Check Marks, and it turns YELLOW they are "LOCKED IN" for the duration of the trade. ie: Players cannot "remove items" or "change gold amounts".

Once both Check Marks are YELLOW both players must hit the "Check Mark" on their respective side of the trade window AGAIN to complete the trade ==>> IF everything looks good. This is when the check marks turn GREEN and the trade completed.

If something is NOT RIGHT, it's really easy, instead of hitting his/her "YELLOW Check Mark" a player hits the "Back Button" on the Google Bar --> cancelling the trade.

__________ Added note __________
Now since all that has to be something compbatant would have to program in, maybe he could add a red [X] box between the two "Check Marks" as a highly visible "Trade Cancel" button.

Last edited by LostKnight on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Re: New Trade Box Idea

Post by SellSword »

Overall a great idea. Whatever the final process looks like, I think "double confirmation" as a core idea could go a long way towards eliminating these issues.

What about something similar to the confirmation process to get rid of a pet? You know what you put in the trade, of course, but then a window pops up saying "[Name] Is Trading:" with the gold/items below? Accept and the trade is done, but decline and you go back to the first screen where you select items, and of course you would not be locked in at that point. I know next to nothing on the programming side, so it's essentially borrowing from an existing process.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

+1
Ryaca_1 is retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

The process of locking into the trade is a very good one. It's a shame that these systems have to be designed to prevent a few players who resort to scamming rather than help the vast majority of honest players.

In addition, I would like the option to trade more than two of the same items at the same time. I wonder if the limit is in place because of scammers though, and so we're back to where we started.

EDIT: spelling 'few' not 'fee' and added the final sentence.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:40 am In addition, I would like the option to trade more than two of the same items at the same time. I wonder if the limit is in place because of scammers though, and so we're back to where we started.
If that is the reason it was reduced to two, remember when we could do more, by being "a Locked In system" maybe "20 Soul Stones" or a "5 of these, 6 of those and 4 beer please", could be implemented again.
I am always AFK!
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

+1
Boo
generous11

Post by generous11 »

great idea, it may reduce scam!
+2
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
maxmra2016

Post by maxmra2016 »

+1
Я ЕБАЛ ЭТУ ИГРУ В 3 ДЫРКИ
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

A secondary confirmation after both parties have locked in their offers? BRILLIANT. I have seen this in other games, and it seems like a good idea here to reduce scamming.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

. . Xing fingers . .
I am always AFK!