Gears , playstyles and skilltree

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

_NICKPAN_

Gears , playstyles and skilltree

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

I think this mmorpg needs more features that gives players the ability to choose their own playstyle.

Idea 1 I believe, instead of focusing making new level gear. ( like 5000 lvl wand )
There should be more gear for lower levels.
For example, If there are 3 different gears with different stats for level 500 archer. He can choose the gear he want and choose his own playstyle.

Higher dex / higher atk / longer range but lower attack speed ( weapon )

Idea 2 There could also be a skill tree (maybe on information tab) like there is on Omega Vanitas.

I will actually think in the next few days a skill tree for each class and post it on forum.

EXAMPLES of skills that you can choose on skill tree for each class:

Swordsman *Active* Gains 75% extra magic resistance for 5 seconds. ( Skill cooldown )

Archer *Active* Gains +2 attack range and -25% damage and dexterity for 10 seconds. ( Skill cooldown )

Ogre *Passive* +5% Lifesteal ( this means you regain 5% of the damage you dealt after every attack )

Dwarf *Passive* Throwing Axes stun for 10% longer duration and dealing 25% bonus damage based on your dexterity.

Mage *Passive* Potions are 25% more effective.

Again, these are some examples on what i've thought so far. I will make a big post on forum about skill tree soon. Will be ballanced for every class. And give advantages and disadvantages in different cases.

(About active skills. I think every character can have up to 3 active skills. And he can choose which skills he want to have. ( to change he must be on spawn map for example, and talk to a powerful mage etc... )

Opinions? Where you think I have to be careful when im making the skill tree? (You will also give ideas so we can have a ballanced skill tree for each class)
Boo
SellSword

Re: Gears , playstyles and skilltree

Post by SellSword »

It'd be interesting to have multiple skill options and select those you want to use. Say each class tops out at 10 different skill options, but because I'm focused on PvM I like skills 3, 5, and 9 while someone focused on PvP might prefer 1, 7, and 9 or whatever.

Allowing some customization within the skill tree might be interesting as well. You could put points towards certain stats, unlock some skills at the expense of other skills, etc.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
cello117

Post by cello117 »

+1000
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Disagree.

The day an archer or mage cannot kill me, a swrordsman, by firing through solid walls or castle or cave doors I might change my mind. But in the example for archers above, giving them more range might mean I can't even go to the other wall to be safe. (Think: Blood Mummies)

I've heard the arguments that the walls are only "x" high, say waist, so he shoots over them and in my book that's so much foo-foo. How to they explain away the Castle doors. And it they were, I should be able to swing my blade over the wall at an arms reach and cut his head off!

What we have now is good, IMHO.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
cello117

Post by cello117 »

i disagree about up range, but one tree of skills to change for pvp or pvm sounds good
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Before thinking of skill trees i would think time spent to finally put an end to how unbalanced classes are in pvp would be time spent more wisely in my opinion. Like giving dwarfs an actual useful skill in pvp but what am i saying classes balancing and skill trees will probably NEVER HAPPEN
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Grahf wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:38 pm Like giving dwarfs an actual useful skill in pvp but what am i saying classes balancing and skill trees will probably NEVER HAPPEN
Italics mind = agreed. Even changing the order of the 30 and 60 skills would help.

For the rest ... how does that song go ... oh yea...
Dream a little dream for me...
I tend to agree with: NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

EDIT done to song
Last edited by LostKnight on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was always AFK!
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

LostKnight wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:15 pm
Dream a little dream for me...
Oh i have dreamed and hoped for things to be balanced, things to be fixed and for bugs to be squashed there are bugs that have been known for a while and still not have been fixed. There are bugs that are KNOWN HOW to be fixed but still have not been and affect players

take rearrow into account he has not been able to do the mercenary quest for quite some time now and has tried contacting gm etc but no luck now I'm not placing the blame on gm and admins (also a lot are inactive which is 100% okay they're volunteers and use their free time to do gm business) to blame they cannot implement the actual fix into the games code only the creator can do that and as it seems the only thing he responds too is people wanting to buy houses... So i do dream i dream for the mentioned above and i also dream for more things to be done in the game that only the creator can do be it introducing new skills, a new class, how to improve on an existing game mechanic or whatever the forum is chalk full of great ideas he wouldn't have to look far.

Sure new maps and quest are nice but last ones to be released were all player made... so what exactly is he doing except for making houses available for purchase. I could be wrong about the creator thats a possibility a locked topic where only he can posts into where he posts tweaks etc if he is doing any so we can see and read what is changing in this game we all love to play there are so many other games out there that keep players posted about these things. Oh did i mention thats another of my dreams
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I can not tell a lie as I stand ....

clap ... claP ... clAP ... cLAP ... CLAP ... CLAP! ... CLAP!
I was always AFK!
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Adding skill tree is good idea. I was thinking about it too. We have working code from Omega Vanitas :) Please prepare skills propositions for each class and we can discuss them. We need also level requirements for them.