Crafting successful - Crafting failed

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Crafting successful - Crafting failed

Post by LostKnight »

Are the lack of the succeeding messages either "Crafting successful" or "Crafting failed" a game bug or something related to the Android version being used?

For example -

My 10" tablet - Andriod 6 - never has the problem. The messages are always there without fail.

My 7" tablet - Android 7 - hardly ever has a second message and the includes way too many attempts trying to get the "Not enough widgets" message. Can sit there all day click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click - nada

For me, something needs to be tweaked in the game to "match" the Android version, in which case i guess it is a game bug - but related to GUGL messing with things.

Like the new GUGL "Gboard" what a disaster that is. Well, IMHO and certainly OFF TOPIC here.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Re: Crafting successful - Crafting failed

Post by SellSword »

My phone and various old phones I've used (kids keep misplacing them) for transfers haven't had any issues. None of them are anywhere close to new models. I don't know if any of that has any bearing on the issue or not.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

My problem is on same device that has always been flawless...thus I conclude game problem.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Gullander wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:45 pm My problem is on same device that has always been flawless...thus I conclude game problem.
Let me guess, Android 7 - that gets updates from GUGL.

Android 6 doesn't get updates anymore to the best of my knowledge.

Don't get me wrong, I have no idea what the cause it, but A-6 works perfect! here
I was always AFK!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I might have thought that..but I have refused to allow any updates of android....but FT was updated .
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well, maybe we are narrowing down just where to look to get it fixed then :D

Steinheim Detective Agency.
I was always AFK!
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

Check and make sure in your android settings that notifications are turned on.
Depending on the device, there can be one just for the game itself, and also a main toggle that turns them all off, so even if you have the game one on, it won't work if the main one is off.
A quick test to see if this is the case - try and read a sign that you know has a popup. They work the same way, through notifications.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

MadMagus wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:30 am Check and make sure in your android settings that notifications are turned on.
Depending on the device, there can be one just for the game itself, and also a main toggle that turns them all off, so even if you have the game one on, it won't work if the main one is off.
A quick test to see if this is the case - try and read a sign that you know has a popup. They work the same way, through notifications.
ANDROID v7.1.2 on a 'Next' Tablet - 7"

I will try the sign. I see "Kedignton Village" sign no problem. Wait a second and I see it again ....

So chopped a few "logs" ...8 to be exact and go to crafter.
1 - Crafting failed
2 - no notification
3 - no notification
4 - no notification
5 - no notification
6 - no notification
7 - no notification
8 - no notification

Now at 2 trunks for a plank I should have gotten a "Not enough trunks" at attempt #5 - ZIP, ZERO, NADA, and looking in bag I had 3 planks made. So the "Crafting Succeeded" - or whatever, should have shown for 2, 3 &4

Settings | Apps | Forgotten Tales MMOGPRG | Notifications: set at defaults, nothing turned off.
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

It's a double surprise! You try crafting something with a 30% rate, psych yourself up before you tap the button, and then brace yourself to look in your backpack hoping to see a ___ there!

No, the "silver lining" doesn't help much when gold is all that is used in the game...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Just a thought, LK: you're not signed up to a beta version , possibly? Would that affect this sort of thing anyway? Idk.