Event Scorpion

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Re: Event Scorpion

Post by Gullander »

So swordsmen and archers and dwarfs and ogres might as well stay at home because you need a 99999 dex to even touch the beast. Mages and fairies are welcome as their magic does not take dex at all into consideration unless mana is gone. Just like getting an invitation to a party out of courtesy when the person throwing the party knows you can't come. I'd love to be wrong on this!
Retired
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

i was traveling south and had no idea that a giant scorpion was in the desert. before i knew it i was dead.

scary times
Ryaca_1 is retired
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

be careful making assumptions about how easy others have it...

The dex gives the scorpion king about 82% resistance to physical damage - but it has 95% resistance to magical damage

problem fixed before the monster was even added to the game, you're welcome :). (with a free life-lesson as well)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Nothing easy at all for anyone as I did call it a "beast" 😁 I would like to know in practical terms how a non magic user can damage it unless they have a ramped up dex equal or higher than it. Do some special skills like critical hit of the swordsman still work even when enemy is so superior? That is what I am questioning and not making assumptions . I base this line of thinking on facing other high dex enemies. If I damaged them before my demise I cannot tell.
Retired
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

yes, all critical hits bypass dex and armor - every attack is assigned a random number between - 5 and 5 (think rolling imaginary dice) - if the roll is 4 or 5, then this is a "critical hit" and does full damage, regardless of dex and arm :D
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

Back to all our old friend: D&D:)
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

and magic hits no matter what dex mob has

same with swordsman always hit
Ryaca_1 is retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Thank you guys I appreciate that being clarified! So intermittent damage for the swordsman with each skill recharge. I've been playing a Freya mostly for the last 600 plus levels. I don't believe fury has a dex overide feature associated with it.. but not saying for sure anything this time, never used as a one on one skill.
Retired
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

you are correct, it does not - you'll only hit on critical hits (as designed) :D
⬜ 💣 🌏
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

oh, but don't fear - swordsman does not gain any advantage... the scorpion king is immune to skills

🦂 = ☠
⬜ 💣 🌏