Ability to fire over walls

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

terminator

Ability to fire over walls

Post by terminator »

It feels weird to think that you can shoot an arrow through a wall and hit a tower, i think game should make it so, you cannot attack through a wall, but just a wall if its in the way. Same with a siege, a siege in old times would break down the walls, so the people could enter, i think walls should keep mages and archers from shooting over it.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
SellSword

Re: Ability to fire over walls

Post by SellSword »

Sure, if you want to be logical...

This should be the same with other walls beyond clan walls too. There are many caves and such with walls that can be attacked through, both by players and mobs.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

terminator wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:19 pm It feels weird to think that you can shoot an arrow through a wall and hit a tower, i think game should make it so, you cannot attack through a wall, but just a wall if its in the way. Same with a siege, a siege in old times would break down the walls, so the people could enter, i think walls should keep mages and archers from shooting over it.
Forget clan stuff, when I first joined this game as a "Swordsman" and was attacked from the other side of a wall by an archer and mage, (blood mummies) MY thoughts if expressed here would get me banned from the forum. So I posted the issue as well.

Someone suggested the walls were low. If that's true, then my outstretched arm with a blade in hand should be able to attack the archer and mage - NO! Not allowed that is just plain silly.

And to really break down that agreement, archers and mages can attack through the the gates and walls in castles. That argument is beyond being silly because those walls and gates are NOT waist high ....
→ archers and mages can attack through these?: Show
CastleGate_sm.jpg

Such a silly and dumb idea, it should have been fixed as one of the the very first bugs of the game.

But that's just my humble opinion. Obviously I am wrong because people still complain about how archers and mages can still attack through walls and gates.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

no no, not short walls... they just have a lot of holes and cracks wide enough to see and fire arrowas, but too narrow for swords and clubs 😜
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

This issue has been mentioned once or twice:)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2128&p=16701#p16701

Wow- shorty_sx- blast from the past

EDIT: apologies...I've just read the more recent additions from 2017.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

blitzcraig wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:59 pm no no, not short walls... they just have a lot of holes and cracks wide enough to see and fire arrowas, but too narrow for swords and clubs 😜
I don't believe that for a microsecond, and I'd bet a months pension cheque you know I don't.
Further more, I'd bet six months pension cheques that you don't believe that either. :lol:

From Leone's link
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Secular wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:57 pm{snip}
It has been a while that people have been requesting a bug fix.
I was always AFK!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

LoL - I'm a role-player at heart in my gaming... sometimes you just have to find a way to make a game fit into the world it creates :p. (there was, for a very long time, a glitch that allowed you to enter Silverwood castle for free from 3.2. This was reported hundreds of times, but it never bothered me for two reasons. One, it wasn't really exploited in an unfair way. Two, it was easy enough to explain, from a role-playing POV, as a secret entrance into the castle.... sure the secret entrance thing was a bunch of bologna, but it made me happier ;) )
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I understand that blitz, and the "secret entrance" is a perfect example that as you said did no harm. However to be able to be killed and have no way to retaliate is a bug that creates an "unfair advantage" for certain characters.

And to answer your "holes and cracks to see through and fire arrows through" scenario:
→ Touché: Show
The Rapier - every swordman carries one for holey, as opposed to holy, walls and gates!

rapier.jpg

And there are thinner longer ones as well!
I was always AFK!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

sadly, the walls are exactly as thick as the sword is long 😜

obviously I'm having a bit of fun, as I always have done with this issue ;)
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

blitzcraig wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:04 pm sadly, the walls are exactly as thick as the sword is long 😜
Yea yea, and I have the "Agent 86 Rapier" developed by CONTROL that has a secret button that extends the blade twice at long as any wall that it is pushed through and sprays 100 square meters with the deadly poison taken directly from the Scorpion King. It was enhanced in the CONTROL laboratories so one drop, just touching a victim, kills them instantly.
obviously I'm having a bit of fun, as I always have done with this issue ;)
... yup, and two can play this game. :lol:

EDIT: But we are getting way off topic.
I was always AFK!