The Rule Breakers of FT

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: The Rule Breakers of FT

Post by Leone »

Let us also not forget the feature where players are auto disconnected after 5 minutes, that was introduced just over a year ago:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14705

This differentiates between those afk grinding using auto clickers and those who perhaps forget to press the attack button to chop a tree. Two completely different types of player, in my opinion.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Good point. Not sure 50 seconds time is enough to determine if someone is AFK. Someone could be blowing their nose or get up to let out their pet and a minute pass. Old adage says if it's worth doing then it is worth doing it right. Hate to see honest players momentarily distracted get tagged as dishonest.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I totally agree with some of the recent posts. I 100% agree that anyone found to be using a clicker should be jailed, but there are some things we have to keep in mind.

First of all, nobody has an obligation to respond to anybody but a GM/admin with a blue or green name. A player not responding to a non-GM means nothing. There are several legitimate reasons not to respond to a player ranging from chat filters to simply waiting for someone to go away and not wanting to talk with them. Nothing obligates a player to fight back either, so someone who thinks it's funny could even stand there and let him/herself get killed too.

Second, I sure hope that LordSeth is implying a non-specified length of time in his latest comment in this thread.
LordSeth wrote:If a member of the game staff approaches you and thinks your afk they give you 30 seconds to make them think differently if you dont they engage conversation and give you 20 seconds to respond...
I hope the "thinks your afk" means time to stop and observe for themselves. That time for observation should, in my opinion, consist of ample time for a player to be checking his backpack and sending multiple friend messages one after another. Once the GM has observed and been led to believe a player is afk and/or clicking I believe a clock could start ticking. As Leone mentions above, there is a difference between just afk and clicking, and some things may cause a GM to believe one is afk more quickly than others.

I hope it is not only a GM pops in and you have 50 seconds total to get your message out...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

death to all afk

slaughter them ruthlessly

show no mercy
Ryaca_1 is retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Nahgus wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:55 am death to all afk

slaughter them ruthlessly

show no mercy
Sez the Terminator Model: Nahgus v9.03
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

SellSword it makes perfect sense what you are saying, in my post I did leave out the part of which triggers me to believe a player is afk autoclicking such as you had recently seen along with me and another player that was able to join.

What I mean when i say if a GM thinks your afk, is if a player is casting spells or engaging skills and attack on a auto spawn that has been blocked for enough time for the player to activate 2 skills or constantly healing at the same cast pattern suspicion comes to ones mind. Then I did say a GM trys to engage conversation. If no response but yet still engaging skills or spells. This would show a GM that it's a high possibility the player is afk autoclicking. So a trip to jail accured while the GM checks the logs so on.

For example if you go to experienced club stans this minute you may see a mage name "kg" standing in a spawn location healing and attempting to kill the spawn I shut down around 20 minutes ago. Which would lead one to believe this player is afk autoclicking. 😒
Attachments
Screenshot_20190122-184552.png
Screenshot_20190122-184552.png (586.28 KiB) Viewed 3171 times
Screenshot_20190122-184534.png
Screenshot_20190122-184534.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3171 times
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

That is exactly what I (and likely many others) wanted to hear. Honestly, I have no issue with any of that so long as that is how things are being done.

Interestingly enough, I heard about the clicker in the castle (sounds like a bad book title) chatting with Gullander. I've also heard he started spawning again quite some time after he was stopped...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Yes he also logged off this time but if found guilty by the logs the broken rules come with punishment.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
jie2

Post by jie2 »

This player afk too.
Attachments
740aef15a0714e0a.jpg
740aef15a0714e0a.jpg (164 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
-203fbc9d9b66712e.jpg
-203fbc9d9b66712e.jpg (184.5 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
7f5b94f3988d78c2.jpg
7f5b94f3988d78c2.jpg (97.69 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

LOL right now (and all day) xiaotang1 and torno have been click fishing! Bring any mobs toward torno and he insta kills with wand and yellow spell! He claimed to be "at work" and "taps screen every other min or so" yet he insta fishes and kills things... Right;) xiaotang hasn't said a word, but has moved spots since i saw him earlier.
EDIT: I noticed this is not xiaotang1's first offence😂
Attachments
Screenshot_20190122-225404.png
Screenshot_20190122-225404.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3159 times
Does life really get better?