The Purpose of Mana Potions.

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

The Purpose of Mana Potions.

Post by LostKnight »

Take a mage/fairy(17) ... they run out of mana REAL FAST!

They cannot use mana potions like a other's can use HP Pots --> x3 +50HP to get 150 HP

But a mage/fairy cannot use multiple mana potions to "fill up their mana" just one at a time.

Now, other than to make a mage/fairy incredibly expensive to level AND they still have to "wait" for their mana bar to fill up, what good are they?

AND while other characters have 20 spaces to play with, a mage with all "scrolls" only 15.

And a mage without his scrolls is just some guy walking around with a stick!

EDIT: And if Mana Line is partially full, potions cannot be used. W·A·I·T

So again: What good are Mana pots?
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
generous11

Re: The Purpose of Mana Potions.

Post by generous11 »

the beginning of wizard and witch life is extreme. but when they hit lvl 200, it starts to get more powerful. in my case, I have 2 pets ghosts of ryaca in generous11, they help me in xp, and I try to heal a little and damage. lvl 91 is not very bad, but still hard. mage at lvl 380, he gets involved and starts having increadible power with spells. at lvl 500, his mana bar starts to be almost infinite. but still, bad in pvp. at lvl 1000, there is the mage see his increadible power; And if full mana points, very strong. at lvl 2k, the mage is a boss in pvp (not really) and if has full gear set lvl 2k, + the skills all to mana (4k real mana points) he will have infinite mana.
for the mana pots: they are good to help you in lvling at beginnings (lvl 50-250)
mages has increadible opportunities as well as killing lightning bees at lvl 2k.
good luck!
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

A nice review of what's what at what level for a mage ... but nothing about: Mana potions, what good are they.

What good are mana potions if you can only use one at a time and not fill your bar like HP does for health.

Most my mage(17) can carry - 17 - but sometimes need need more to survive.
I was always AFK!
Mukramin

Post by Mukramin »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:13 pm A nice review of what's what at what level for a mage ... but nothing about: Mana potions, what good are they.

What good are mana potions if you can only use one at a time and not fill your bar like HP does for health.

Most my mage(17) can carry - 17 - but sometimes need need more to survive.
+1
Be an encourager, the world has enough critics already.

Dil = Türkçe
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

It's interesting because you see mages fighting yellow archers near Silverwood and they are the ones who need to make multiple trips to/from the town to load up on mana pots. Walking out of the city you know a mage is going to get a decent amount of xp until... you see the mage walking to the town and you know a mage is the weakest thing on the map.

I understand the question though. A mana pot provides how many spells? Maybe you get 1-4 spells from a pot (not counting the +200 special pots, of course) and you get to the level where you need to use a number of them just to refill your bar?

I suppose it's a balance issue where you need to struggle first to get the payoff later?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

another line of thought on the issue -

mana pots are much more helpful at some times than others... for example (using fake, simple numbers) say it takes 15 green flows to kill a particular monster you're attacking, but you only have enough max mana pool to cast 13. using a mana pot would allow you to cast all 15 times and kill it right away instead of taking damage or dancing with it while your mana regenerates - little things like that... or more importantly, some of the later game bosses are designed to take a full pool of mana plus mana pots for levels which allow that (plus a little luck... you're welcome :p ) Anyway, there are times like those where they are really, really helpful - other times they can just help with grinding if you've got the gold... or a good backup to have to help you out of PvP encounter when you get caught drained empty - things like that
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

It all depends on how a person plays - PvP, no-PvP, offensive/defensive PvM. For me, I used mana pots like crazy at the beginning. Mostly because I didn't understand game dynamics (specifically, skill point assignment). Since then, I've readjusted skill point assignment enough times that I don't need mana pots because I have a fair amount in skill points and upgrade equipment when it includes more mana. Granted, I loath and avoid PvP. Someone else, who prefers that play style, may have a different opinion on mana pots.

On a related note, LK makes an excellent point (which has been mentioned in the past) that mages/witches are the only type that lose storage space when they carry scrolls (spells). Every other character simply gain the appropriate skill icon upon reaching a specific level.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

In the same vein health pots stop being practical for melee at a certain point. One could argue that being able to refill 1/4 or 1/2 or whatever of your HP is still "useful" for a few hundred more levels beyond that, but by that point they aren't being used.

For mages though, having someone bankroll you to afford mana pots early on is a major plus. There is definitely a point where you are spending thousands of gold at a time, so hopefully you get a few drops to keep yourself going. It's far different giving your mage alt 1m to get going instead of having to earn your own way. (Yes, players have struggled through before... old days... blah, blah, blah... which is why I said "different.")
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I do not PvP and avoid it as best I can, mostly by logging. But still I have lost a few items.

I have a few mage/fairies at 15-16 and trying to get them to 20-25-30 is as painful as having a mouth full of teeth pulled without antithetic and slower than a snail going up a 20° incline.

Having to run to Silverwood every few minutes means I spend more time travelling to and from than actually fighting.

And as SS said up one post, yes people do it, but I just can't imagine spending a month to get to where another character can do in a week.
I was always AFK!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

at that level, if you're not getting help from anybody else, you can just go dex+str and just ignore mana for a little bitif you don't like leveling a mage - just pretend you're an archer 😜

but even without that, I don't think it's really much of a difference (haven't done the math on it in several years, but mage was actually the fastest to level, even at low levels, back then)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏